- Google Home button: Provides access to the Android TV Home Screen. Older models have a house icon
- Apps: Displays the first category in the Apps tab
- Info: Displays details about a selected title
- Guide: Press once to display the On Now Guide
- Pik TV: Shows or hides the Menu within the Pik TV app or launches the Pik TV app when in Android TV. Older models have “Menu”
- Voice: Use voice to launch the Google Assistant to search TV shows, movies and actors as well as perform simple commands in the Pik TV app and in the Home menu. Older models have a microphone icon
- Back / Exit: A quick press takes you to the previous window. A long press and release exits Live TV or VOD
- OK: One quick press confirms a selected command. Two quick presses while watching a live channel, launches the ‘Live Guide’ which allows you to peek at other channels without leaving your current show. On the Android home page Apps favourites, one long press activates other options
Your Pik TV remote uses Bluetooth to automatically pair itself to your Pik TV Media Box. Simply press any button on your remote to pair it to your media box.
To pair your remote to your TV during first-time setup
A benefit of pairing to your TV is that you can use your Pik TV remote to control your TV volume. This can be done as part of your first time setup as shown below.
- Select the brand of your TV
- Select the pairing code
- Test the pairing code
These steps can also be performed manually at any time via the Android TV Google Home screen > Settings > Remotes & accessories > Program Remote with TV/Home Theatre.