Pik TV installation
Setting up your Pik TV
Note: Images may vary depending on software version.
Tips to ensure a smooth installation
- Have your email and password ready
- If connecting via Wi-Fi, have your Wi-Fi network name & password ready
- If you purchased a Pik TV media box, have your
Important: You must sign into your Google account in order to get the latest Pik TV updates. Updates to your Pik TV include new features and improvements, as well as a customized Google experience. Once signed in, launch the Google Play Store and accept Google’s terms and conditions. email and password ready
If you are accessing Pik TV on Apple TV, have your iTunes username and password ready.
Important: You can enable automatic downloads for Apple TV via the Settings menu.
4. If you purchased a Pik TV media box, for the first time-setup, make sure your media box is located at the same address you provided when you ordered it
- Forgot your My TELUS password? and a new one will be sent to you shortly
- Can’t remember your Wi-Fi password? Find out how to
Set up your Pik TV media box
Here's what you need to set up your Pik TV media box:
- A TV or a monitor with an HDMI port
- An Internet connection via Wi-Fi or Ethernet
- A Google email address
- A TELUS account
Connect your Pik TV media box to your TV screen or monitor using an HDMI cable
- Connect your media box into a power source and ensure that both TV and media box are powered on
- Select the Source or Input button on your remote until you see the Remote Pairing Screen
- Insert batteries into your Pik TV Remote
To set up Pik TV, follow the instructions displayed on your TV screen. You can also use your Android phone or tablet if you have one. You'll be prompted to do the following:
- If you would like to set up Pik TV on your Android phone or tablet, select Yes on your TV screen and continue the setup process on your mobile device
Note: Select No to skip setting up with an Android device. Note: You’ll need to ensure your mobile phone or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your media box.
- For the highest-quality connection, attach your router to your media box using an Ethernet cable
- If you cannot connect to an Ethernet network, connect to the Wi-Fi network with the strongest signal.
- If your 5Ghz network has the same signal strength as your 2.4Ghz network we recommend connecting to the 5Ghz network
- If you experience connection issues, see
- If, after connecting to your home Wi-Fi network, you see either of the following two screens please see
- If you are installing your Pik TV media box before your TELUS Internet is installed, please note you will only be able to view select channels until your TELUS Internet is installed
3. To get the latest Pik TV updates and to tailor your experience, you have to sign into your Google account. If you are setting up Pik TV on your mobile device, sign in to your account on your device as opposed to your TV screen.
4. To ensure your guide schedule is accurate for your timezone, please choose YES to L ocation in order enable location services
5. If your media box requires a software update, it will automatically be installed
Note: Your media box may restart more than once during this update
- To control your TV using your Pik TV remote, select Yes.
- Press the up arrow on your remote to display the keyboard on your screen and enter your My TELUS username and password to log in to your Pik TV account
Install the Pik TV app on your Apple TV
- Ensure your Apple TV software is up to date ( ).
- If you haven’t already create an Apple ID to enjoy Apple services ( ).
- Access the App Store using your Apple TV remote.
- Search for “Pik TV” in the App Store and select Install.
- Pik TV app will appear at the bottom of your Home Screen on your Apple TV, select it to launch the app.
- Ensure you have a Pik TV subscription. Don’t have one, .
- Sign in using your MyTELUS Account. If you haven’t created one
Note: Pik TV is only compatible with Apple TV 4th generation or higher.