My Optik Collection explained
Learn about My Optik Collection to download and watch your TELUS On Demand movies offline
How to use My Optik Collection
- Connect your computer to the Internet
- Download My Optik Collection through the link below:
- After downloading the app, log in with your My TELUS credentials. Don’t have a My TELUS account? Register here
- To download a title and watch offline, select the download icon
- Once the download is complete, press play
Note: You will require storage space on your computer to download. Tablets and Smartphones are not supported at this time.
How long will the title be playable on my computer?
You will need to open the My Optik Collection application while connected to the internet once every 90 days to keep your titles licensed. If it has been longer than 90 days, simply open My Optik Collection while your computer is online and your titles will be re-licensed automatically.
Can I connect my computer to a TV to view my movie?
Yes. You can connect your computer to a TV with an HDMI cable and/or adapter provided that your TV is HDCP compliant.
I bought a 4K HDR title, why can’t I download that and play it on an HDR TV from my computer?
You will only be able to download the HD version of the 4K HDR title you purchased. This is due to licensing restrictions.
What happens if I lose or no longer use a device for My Optik Collection?
Logout of that device by following these steps within the app:
- Select Settings
- Select Log out
- If you would like to use another device, simply download My Optik Collection on that device and login
What happens if I download My Optik Collection onto a sixth device?
You are able to login to a sixth device however, you will be automatically logged out of the device you haven’t used for the longest period of time.
Where are my titles being stored?
Downloaded titles will be stored on your computer. The average size per file is 5GB. To see how much storage space you are using follow these steps:
- Select Settings
- Select Data usage
Why am I being asked to download a title I already downloaded?
After three months of offline viewing, you will be asked to re-download a title to ensure that the title license is up to date.
Why aren’t all of my titles displayed in My Optik Collection?
Due to rights availability, some titles may not be available on My Optik Collection.
Why can’t I see my On Demand rentals in My Optik Collection?
On Demand rentals are not available on My Optik Collection. This app will only be populated with movies you own. The price of purchased content ranges from $15 - $25.
Why aren’t my purchases immediately showing up in My Optik Collection?
It may take up to two hours for recently purchased titles to appear. To see the latest list of available titles, click on the refresh icon.
- Titles will be made available in My Optik Collection for personal use as long as it is made available through the On Demand library or My Optik Collection (subject to provider licensing agreements).
- All titles must be downloaded in Canada for offline viewing
Titles cannot be purchased on My Optik Collection. To learn more about purchasing a title, visit Purchase On Demand movies.