You can transfer ownership of your TELUS mobile phone number to another person without the headaches of penalties or cancellation fees.
When you transfer ownership of your TELUS mobile phone number, the incoming account owner assumes responsibility for the remaining contractual and financial obligations of the transferred account.
To ensure a smooth transition, we strongly recommend that both the outgoing and incoming owners be available at the same time in order to complete the transaction. By speaking to both owners together, we can provide real-time confirmation that the transaction has been completed, and answer any questions you may have.
Before you start
To better prepare yourself, and make your transition a smooth one, here's what you'll need to know before you get started:
- Your TELUS account must be in good standing, and your account balance must be up to date
- If you have paid a security deposit for your account, any outstanding account balance will be deducted from your security deposit, and the remaining balance will be returned to you by cheque within 4-6 weeks
- You remain responsible for all usage and possible charges until the transfer of account ownership is completed by the incoming owner
- When you accept ownership of an existing TELUS mobile phone number, you accept full contractual and financial responsibility associated with it
- The outgoing owner is responsible for all usage and possible charges incurred prior to the transfer of account ownership
- A credit check will be required prior to approval
- You are billed a one-time, transfer-of-ownership fee of $35 for each mobile phone number associated with the account upon approval
- Arrange a date and time when both you and the incoming owner will be available to complete the transfer of ownership
- If you will be giving your mobile device to the incoming owner, remember to protect your privacy by resetting your device to its original factory settings.
- Arrange a date and time when both you and the outgoing owner will be available to complete the transfer of ownership
- You will need to provide two (2) of the following pieces of valid ID:
- Driver's license
- Credit card
- Social insurance card