Set up TELUS email on your Android smartphone or tablet
Access your telus.net email account on your Android device
Note: There are multiple versions of this article. Make sure this is the right version for you. If you do not have an Android device , choose Select another device above.
- Open the Email app
- If this is your first email account on your device, setup will begin automatically. If you already have an email account, select Menu , Settings, Add Account (+)
- Enter your telus.net email address and password and then select Manual setup
- For the Account type, select IMAP
- For the Incoming server settings , enter the following information
Your telus.net email address
Your telus.net email password
Note: If you’ve forgotten your telus.net email password, visit password reset
IMAP server: imap.telus.net
Security type: SSL
- Select Next
- For the Outgoing server settings, enter the following information:
- SMTP server: smtp.telus.net
- Security type: SSL
- Port: **465
**Note: Some countries may be blocked from using this port when travelling internationally. You can use TELUS webmail to send emails in those countries.
- Require sign-in: checked
- Username: your telus.net email address
- Password: your telus.net email password
- Configure your account options on the next screen
- Select Next
- On the Set up email step, enter a name for this email account and a display name
- Select Done
Get a telus.net email
As a TELUS High Speed Internet customer, you receive one default telus.net email generated by us. You can also create your own free personalized telus.net email account. Learn more about TELUS Webmail.
Note: Unfortunately, telus.net email service is currently not available for customers on PureFibre internet plans.