Optik Network Terminal installation (with fiber connector)
Follow the instructions to install your ONT.
Warning: To avoid any risk associated with the optical fiber, please handle it carefully without ever looking at the tip of it. You must always point the optical fiber towards the ground.
Warning: The installation of the fiber terminal can ask you to do manipulations near your electrical panel. Please be careful to never touch your electrical panel.
To install it, please start with step 3.
To change an existing fiber terminal, please first follow the steps below.
- Locate the fiber terminal, it is often located near the electrical panel
- Disconnect all cables connected to the existing fiber terminal while making sure to always point the end of the fiber connector towards the ground
Install your Optik Network Terminal (ONT) by following these steps :
- Locate the fiber cable with a green connector. It is often located near the electrical panel
- Remove the protective plastic cap from the tip of the green connector
- First insert the green connector into the fiber connector
- The green tab on the fiber connector should not be in the air, it should be positioned this way
- Open the door where the fiber connector port is located on the back of the TELUS Wi-Fi Hub
- Insert the fiber connector into the modem
See more on how to install your TELUS Wi-Fi Hub.