Connect a Satellite receiver to your TV
Instructions for connecting a Satellite receiver
What you need: A TELUS Satellite TV receiver, and a HDMI cable.
If you don't have an HDMI cable, you can use: a component cable set (red, green, blue), plus a composite cable set (red, white, yellow).
- On the back of your satellite receiver and TV, connect the HDMI cable. If you don't have an HDMI cable, you can use composite and component cables instead:
- On the back of your satellite receiver and TV, connect the component cable to the connector's coloured red, green and blue
- On the back of your satellite receiver and TV, connect the composite cable set to the connector's coloured red and white. The yellow connection is not used.
- On your TV's remote control, press one of the following buttons (depending on the make and model of your TV):
- Change the TV input/source to HDMI or Component, depending on the type of cable used. You may need to press the button more than once
To learn more, refer to the TELUS Satellite TV user guide.
Note: Some TVs may have multiple component inputs and may be identified differently depending on the TV brand. Check your TV user guide.