2020 TELUS Holiday Giveaway Instagram contest
Contest rules to win Google Pixel 5, wireless headphones and more
How to enter
Entrants must complete all three steps on the TELUS Holiday Giveaway social media post in order to be eligible to win the prize featured in that particular post:
- Tag two friends in the comments on a TELUS Holiday Giveaway Instagram post
- Follow @TELUS and @Darren_Entwistle on Instagram
- Like the TELUS Holiday Giveaway post on Instagram
No purchase necessary. Contests run each day from 9:00am EST to 11:59pm EST from Monday, December 7 to Saturday, December 12, 2020. Limit of 1 entry per person per TELUS Holiday Giveaway social media daily post. This contest is intended for residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, and will be interpreted according to Canadian law.
The contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook.
An entry that contains subject matter that in the opinion of the contest administrators may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste will be considered void. TELUS does not accept entries for this contest by any other means.
There will be 1 winner in total from each TELUS Holiday Giveaway post. The winner for each post will receive the following prizes featured in the contest post they entered:
- Day 1: One Google Pixel 5, valued at $900 each, and TELUS will give $250 to a non-religious registered Canadian charity of the winner’s choice*
- Day 2: One set of a Google Nest Audio, Google Chromecast and Google TV – valued at $199.99 per set, and TELUS will give $250 to a non-religious registered Canadian charity of the winner’s choice*
- Day 3: One Skullcandy Venue ANC – valued at $239.99, and TELUS will give $250 to a non-religious registered Canadian charity of the winner’s choice*.
- Day 4: One Native Union Drop XL – valued at $139.99, and TELUS will give $250 to a non-religious registered Canadian charity of the winner’s choice*.
- Day 5: One Track+ – valued at $120.00 and TELUS will give $250 to a non-religious registered Canadian charity of the winner’s choice*.
- Day 6: TELUS will give $2,000 to a non-religious registered Canadian charity of the winner’s choice*
- Organizations must have charitable status and be registered by the Canadian Revenue Agency
- Organizations must abide by the Canadian Human Rights Act, ensuring equality of opportunity regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation and other factors individuals may be discriminated against
- We would not be able to fund religious or sectarian organizations, except where they represent non-denominational community and social support services
- We would not be able to fund political organizations and candidates, individuals and for-profit organizations
Prizes must be accepted as awarded, are not transferable and cannot be exchanged with TELUS for cash. TELUS reserves the right to substitute the prize which is, in their sole opinion, a prize of equivalent value and/or to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time. The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.
To be eligible to win, entries must be received on or before the closing date of Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 11:59pm EST. This contest is open to all residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority according to the laws of the province where they reside. This contest excludes employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries (“TELUS”) and TELUS’ advertising and promotional agencies and members of their respective households.
Entrants who are customers of TELUS at the time of entry and/or at the time of prize award must have their TELUS accounts in good standing (with a current account balance that is no more than 30 days past due) in order to be eligible to win the prize.
Winners will be selected on Tuesday, December 15, 2020 at approximately 2:00pm EST. The selected entrants will be notified by private message on Instagram (from either the @TELUS or @TELUSfr account) immediately on the draw date. If the selected entrant does not respond back to the contest administrator within 1 business day or if the selected entrant does not comply with all contest rules, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
To win, the selected entrant must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by email.
The winning entrants of the prize must sign a standard release and indemnity form confirming compliance with contest rules and releasing TELUS and their respective directors, officers, partnership interest holders, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies from any and all liability arising out of, pursuant to or as a result of the carrying out of the contest including liability arising from the acceptance of and usage of the prizes as awarded. Failure to comply with the contest rules or to sign and return the release form within 2 days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be drawn.
All entries become the property of TELUS. TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of Facebook or for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer or online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any Facebook message, e-mail or entry to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from this contest.
TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS and its advertising and promotional agencies corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest or for any other reason at any time without prior notice.
Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means or by spamming will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified. Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.