Information on the features and functionality of your TELUS TV Digital Box Remote
TELUS Remote buttons and functionality
- flashes green once to acknowledge a button press on the TELUS Remote. 2 flashes indicate success, 3 flashes indicate low battery and 6 flashes indicate an error. Continual flashing indicates that a firmware upgrade is in process.
- is illuminated solid white when the Google Assistant is activated and listening. Flashes white when the remote is in pairing mode.
- allows you to change HDMI inputs when the TELUS Remote is used to control your TV.
- wakes up the TELUS TV Digital Box or returns it to stand-by mode. Turns your TV power on or off when the TELUS Remote is being used to control your TV.
- launches the Netflix application. Additional subscription may be required.
- launches the TELUS On Demand catalogue.
- launches the Amazon Prime Video application. Additional subscription may be required.
- skip back 30 seconds.
- opens a list of featured and applications and displays applications downloaded to the TELUS TV Digital Box
- skip ahead 30 seconds.
- returns you to the TELUS TV home screen.
Record (where available)
D-pad or direction pad
- press once to navigate up. In playback mode, press once to display the live guide.
- press once to navigate down. In playback mode, press
once to display the live guide.
- press once to navigate left. In playback mode, press once to skip back or press and hold to rewind.
- press once to navigate right. In playback mode, press once to skip
ahead or press and hold to fast forward.
- confirms your selection. Wakes up the TELUS TV Digital Box from standby mode.
- returns you to the previous screen. Returns you to the Home screen when in playback mode.
- opens the full guide.
- increases/decreases the volume.
- activates the Google Assistant and turns on the microphone. You can say commands like ‘What’s on now?’ to open the guide, ‘Go to channel 400’ to change channels or ‘Open Netflix’ to launch the Netflix application.
- mutes/unmutes the volume.
- tunes to the next/previous channel. When in the guide, acts as page forward/page back.
- allows you to tune directly to a desired channel using the numbers 0-9.
- returns you to the previously viewed channel.
- brings up channel information and allows you to open the live guide, turn on closed captioning or described video (where available).
Pairing your TELUS Remote with your TELUS TV Digital Box
Your TELUS Remote is able to control your TELUS TV Digital Box using Infrared (IR) connectivity by default right out of the box.
For the most reliable connection, it is recommended to pair your TELUS Remote with your TELUS TV Digital Box using Bluetooth. Bluetooth connectivity has a longer working range than IR and does not require a direct line of sight between the remote and box. This gives you more freedom for where you place your TELUS TV Digital Box. Bluetooth connectivity is also required for Google Assistant connectivity. Please see
During the first-time installation or following a factory reset of your TELUS TV Digital Box, you will be prompted to pair your TELUS remote with your TELUS TV Digital Box via Bluetooth. Simply press the
buttons for 3 seconds to pair. In some cases, your remote may pair automatically - you will see
Status: Remote control paired
once the TELUS Remote has been successfully paired. If your remote becomes unpaired at any time, you can always reconnect by pressing the
buttons for 3 seconds. If your remote is unresponsive, check your batteries, or contact us for a replacement.
Un-pairing your TELUS Remote from your TELUS TV Digital Box
If you would like to unpair the Bluetooth connection between your TELUS Remote and your TELUS TV Digital Box, you can revert to IR connectivity. From the Home screen, navigate to
. You will see ‘Full’, ‘Good’, ‘Fair’ or ‘Poor’. If you see ‘Poor’, you should replace the existing batteries with 2 new AAA batteries. You may also want to ensure that your batteries are seated firmly in their connectors and that the battery cover is secure.
The next troubleshooting step should be to ensure that the remote control firmware is up-to-date. From the Home screen, you can check for firmware updates by navigating to