The TELUS Device Protection Plan only applies to customers who purchased their plan before June 16, 2014. All other customers should refer to TELUS Device Care.
- Device Protection Plan is not available on the iPhone. AppleCare+ Protection Plan is available to iPhone clients.
- In Quebec, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Newfoundland, Nunavut & the Territories, service requests for lost & stolen devices are not included in the Device Protection Program.
How to make a claim
If your device is damaged:
- Call Asurion (the Plan administrator) within 30 days of the incident at 1-866-281-4537 to determine if the required repair is covered by your device’s manufacturer’s warranty
- If it is covered under Device Protection Plan, please follow steps 3 - 5 below
If your device is lost or stolen:
- Call TELUS immediately at 1-866-558-2273 to suspend service and prevent unauthorized usage
- Contact Asurion directly within 30 days of the incident by calling toll-free 1-866-281-4537
- Once your replacement request is approved, you will be asked to pay a replacement service fee based on your device model involved in the incident
- Once you pay the replacement service fee, a replacement device with a 12-month warranty will be delivered to you, typically in 1-2 business days
- When your replacement device arrives:
- Follow the activation steps included in the box, and
- Return your damaged or defective device (if applicable)
Our goal is to give you the same make and model that you purchased. However, we may provide like-kind devices as comparable replacements. As a result, colour, brand, model, features and accessory compatibility are not guaranteed.
- Subscribers are eligible for a maximum of 2 service requests within any consecutive 12 months, after which your Device Protection Plan subscription will be cancelled by TELUS. You will be eligible for this service again after 12 months when you activate a new device. Each service request is limited to a maximum value of $750
- A postage pre-paid envelope will be provided with replacement device. Failure to return your damaged device may result in a fee of up to $300. If we determine your damaged device did not suffer a failure covered by the Device Protection Plan, you may be charged a non-covered service fee of up to $300 unless you return your replacement equipment in good working order
Limitations and exclusions
The Device Protection Plan only replaces the client’s device and standard in-box accessories. It does not cover other damage or losses, for example incidents caused by:
- War, revolution, acts of public enemy or terrorist, labour difficulties, civil commotion, embargo, acts of government, or military authority
- Abuse, misuse, or intentional acts
- Pre-existing incidents with the client`s equipment that occurred before the client subscribed to the Device Protection plan
- Changes or enhancements in colour, texture, finish, expansion, contraction, or any cosmetic damage to the client`s device or standard in-box accessories however caused, including, but not limited to, scratches and marring, or
- Incidents caused by computer viruses or similar unauthorized intrusive codes or programming are not covered by the Device Protection Plan
The following are also excluded from the Device Protection Plan
- Contraband or property in the course of illegal transportation or trade
- Property in transit to you from anyone other than Asurion
- Routine maintenance and consumable items, such as batteries (one standard battery will be provided with the replacement device if it is a different model than defective device or if the battery was part of the incident
- Antennas, or
- Any accessories (except in box accessories), including but not limited to color face plates, personalized data, or customized software, such as personal information managers (PIMs), ring tones, games, or screen savers
For full program details please see the Device Protection Plan Terms and Conditions.