Optik TV App on browser
Features, functions and facts about the Optik TV app on browser.
This section provides support for the Optik TV App on browser only. If you are using an Apple device, please follow the relevant link:
Now you can watch content included in your subscription and record using a single app on your android, iOS devices or on your browser at
- Choose from thousands of On Demand shows and movies
- Order a movie on your TV and pick up where you left off on your tablet
- Finding something to watch is easier with new content categories, recommendations and Rotten Tomatoes scores
- Set Parental control and Purchase PINs
- The app is available with your Optik TV subscription at no extra charge
- Up to 185 available channels with 164 available in-home and out-of-home, and 21 in-home only*
*The number of available channel feeds may differ depending on the customer's geographical location.
Access Optik TV
You can access the Optik TV app through your web browser on your MAC or PC at. You may access on your mobile browser as well and use the guide or recording functionalities. However, playback is not supported on your mobile browser.
Use your My TELUS username & password to log in. Don’t have My TELUS?.
- Windows 8+: Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer
- MAC 10.10+: Safari 11+, Chrome
- Streaming video is often the biggest contributor to Internet data usage So understanding how it works is especially important. Using the app to stream content for 1 hour will use 1.7 GB of data (approximate value)
- Using the Optik TV app at home contributes to your internet data usage
- Using the Optik TV App on your mobile network will use your mobile data Data charges may apply for mobile service outside Wi-Fi coverage
Most content is available in 720P. However, some live channels are available in 1080P. We are working towards adding more high quality content soon.
Note: 4K content is not available.
Rewind, pause, fast-forward
Live programs: You cannot rewind, pause or fast forward a live program at this time.
TV Shows On Demand: You can pause, fast forward or rewind On Demand TV content, but the features may be disabled on select programming by the provider.
Movies On Demand: You can rewind, pause or fast forward a movie On Demand.
Restarted programs: You can pause restarted programs at this time.
Closed captioning and described video can be turned on for any program or movie where the content providers have enabled them.
Manage Closed Captioning(CC) or Described Video: During live or VOD playback, select the arrow icon in the lower right hand corner. This will open a panel at the bottom of the screen and you can select the CC or AD icon to turn on or off the feature of your choice. When selected, the chosen icon will turn green and remain on until you choose to turn it off by tapping it.
After selecting a live program select the arrow icon in the lower right hand corner. This will open a panel at the bottom of the screen and you can select the CC icon.
Live TV and setting recordings
- For a complete list of all channels available to watch on the go, visit
- All Optik TV customers have access to the live and On Demand content included with the Essentials theme pack, as long as it is available on the go
- If you subscribe to additional channels, you also have access to those provided they are available on the go
Note: Licensing and rights limitations mean that not all programs and channels are available to watch on the go. Some channels are only available when connected to your home TELUS Internet service due to content provider restrictions.
From the home or Live TV Tab select the Live TV tab and then the View guide button. The current channel lineup will appear.
- To change the time on the browser, use your mouse to scroll horizontally within the time bar at the top or select -/+ 1 hour
- To view more channels, scroll vertically
- To view specific categories, select All categories and then choose a category
- To restart a program select any program with the Restart icon and select Restart from the program details screen. Restart on the Go is available on select channels for any program that is currently airing. See for more info
There are 3 channel views available, you can use the Filter by menu (under All Categories) to choose the view that you prefer.
- Subscribed (default): Includes all channels in your package, though not all may be playable on your device. This view is helpful if you wish to use the app to set recordings
- Playable on this device: Includes only channels that are playable on your device. Some channels require you to be connected to your home TELUS Internet network in order to watch
- All channels: Includes all channels available on Optik TV, including those you are not subscribed to. You can visit to subscribe to additional channels
Navigate through the Live guide
To move to a date on the guide you can scroll horizontally or use the date picker function.
- Select Today
- Select the date you want to view
- The Guide will move to 7PM on the date you have selected. To choose another time, scroll horizontally through the guide.
Playback is only available when connected to your TELUS Internet at home
If you are attempting to play content at home but receiving the message alert “Sorry, playback is only available when connected to your TELUS Internet at home,” it may be for a few reasons:
- Your digital box may not be plugged in. Please plug in your digital box to resolve this
- You could be having pairing issues with your digital box. Try rebooting your digital box to re-establish pairing
- Confirm that your device and Optik TV digital box are successfully connected to your home Wi-Fi network
Set and manage recordings
- You can use the app to set a recording on any channel to which you are subscribed
- Though you can set recordings from your browser, smartphone and tablet, you can only watch recordings on your Optik TV digital box at home. However, some recordings may be available On demand
To set a recording:
- Select the Live TV tab and then View guide. To view more channels in the guide, scroll vertically
- To change the time, scroll horizontally within the time bar at the top or on the guide
- Select the show you would like to record. The series episode page will open with the episode you have selected highlighted. If the program you have selected is not part of a series, the details page will appear
- If you get the Episode details page: Select the Record icon to set a recording. If available, you can also select the Series icon to set up a series recording
- If you get the Series Info Page: Select Record show button and you will then be able to modify and set your recording
Note: To edit a recording, select the Edit icon. You can change the channel, time, scheduled end time and when the recording will be deleted. You can also delete a scheduled recording
To manage previous or upcoming recordings:
- Select the Home tab and then the PVR category
- Select Manage all recordings
- To manage previous recordings, select the Recorded tab. You can select Edit to delete recordings or select a specific recording to edit the settings
- To manage upcoming recordings, select the Scheduled tab. You can select Edit to delete upcoming recordings or select a specific recording to edit the settings
Renting and watching On Demand
Browse the On Demand library
- Select the On Demand tab
- Choose a category. There are many On Demand categories to choose from. To see all of the titles in a category, select All titles
- Once you find a title you would like select the On Demand title
- On the Details screen you can read the description and rating, watch a preview, find related titles, cast and crew or save it as a favourite to find in the Home hub later. You can also select the $ Rent icon or play button to start watching
Save a Favourite to watch later
- After selecting an On Demand title, select the heart icon to save it as a Favourite
- You can find your saved Favourites in the **Home hub
** Note: Only On Demand programs can be saved as Favourites. Live programs cannot be saved at this time.
Rent or purchase an On Demand movie
- Select the On Demand tab on your android or browser
- Browse the categories and find a movie to rent or buy
- Select the movie poster and the details screen will appear. Under Ways to watch , select Rent or buy or click the **$ Rent button
- Select the version you wish to purchase and an option will appear to Confirm rental or purchase. Once you confirm, the film will start playing automatically
- Pay-per-view titles are not available through the app
- Movies rented on your TV can take up to 30 minutes to appear in the app. Not all titles are available on all devices
- Movies rented using the app can take up to 30 minutes to appear on your Optik TV digital boxes
- You need an active Internet connection in order to download a title to watch later
Purchase and Parental PINs
Set up a Purchase or Parental control PIN:
- You can create a Purchase PIN to prevent unauthorized On Demand purchases through the app
- A Parental control PIN allows you to block content by program and rating on the app. This PIN is independent of your Purchase PIN and any PINs used for your digital boxes at home
- You need to set up a PIN for each of your devices and browsers used. It will not be applied at the account level
First time PIN set up:
- Select the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen (corresponds to the Settings menu)
- Select Purchase or Parental PIN and Set a new 4-digit PIN
- Enter a 4-digit PIN of your choice
- You will then be asked to confirm your PIN
- Once your new PIN has been set you are able to set your parental or purchase lock
- Select the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen (corresponds to the Settings menu)
- Select Purchase or Parental PIN
- Select I forgot my PIN and you will be taken to Optik TV browser page. Sign in to your account using the same credentials as your app
- Choose the PIN you wish to reset and enter your new PIN
- Close your browser and go back to the app
|"Sorry, playback is only available when you are connected to your TELUS Internet network at home."||Some channels are only available when connected to your TELUS Internet network at home. For a full channel list, visit telus.com/optikapp. |
Note: Playback of these channels is only available on tablets and phones.
|"Your account is in use on too many devices. To watch, please stop playback on another device."||You will need to stop play back on one of the devices as too many non-digital box devices are actively streaming via the Optik TV app concurrently.|
|"Flash player is required to play this content."||Flash is required to playback content on the web browser. To enable playback, click on Get Adobe Flash Player and choose allow.|
|When searching you receive error 1-49-902||Please turn off parental controls in the settings and search again. There is a current issue we are working to resolve.|
Below is a list of known issues that we are working on resolving.
|Guide displays the HD content correctly but when user tries to record, it will record SD content. Only impacts channels with both SD & HD feeds available.||Confirm recording selected the HD channel. If it is not the channel you attempted to schedule, modify your recording on your set top box.|
|LP1008 error when logging in with My TELUS account credentials.||Please ensure you have a My TELUS account and have completed full registration. If you are trying to access the Optik TV app or Pik TV app, please also make sure you have subscribed to these TV services.|
- Optik TV offers up to 185 channels, with 164 of those available in-home and out-of-home and the remaining 21 available in-home only. The number of available channels may differ depending on the customer's geographical location
- Subscription to Optik TV and live channels required. Licensing and rights limitations mean that not all programs and channels are available. Online access for some channels requires TELUS Internet service
- The app can only be used in Canada on select devices within wireless network coverage areas. Data charges may apply for mobile service outside Wi-Fi coverage
- My TELUS username and password are required to log into this service
- Select On Demand titles available
Visitor watch the features video.