Below are some fixes you can try if you are having problems with an iOS app on your Apple device.
Reasons Apps may close on their own
- Device memory is full
- App issue
Review the troubleshooting tips below to help diagnose and may resolve any issues you may be experiencing.
Phone memory full
Having no memory available is the most common reason why an app closes by itself
- Select Settings
- Select General
- Select Storage & iCloud Usage to verify available storage
- If the memory is almost full, you can remove some of the less-used content or uninstall apps you no longer use
If you have a lot of pictures and videos you can reduce the space they take on your phone without deleting them.
Enable iCloud photo storage:
- Select Settings
- Select Photo & Camera
- Enable the option Optimize Phone Storage.
Note: iCloud Upload only works while the phone is charging and connected to a Wi-Fi network. Your pictures/videos will be uploaded to iCloud, your memory will clear up and the app will work again.
Things to consider
- If you view older pics/videos this may use data from your plan because the picture is stored on iCloud. Therefore, you may want to keep videos and photos you look at often on your phone or wait until you are connected to a Wi-Fi network before viewing them.
- The basic, free iCloud account includes 5GB of storage. If you have lots of photos/videos, you maybe want to consider purchasing more storage. Learn more from Apple iCloud support.
- The pictures on your phone are a mirror of what you see on iCloud. If you delete them from your phone, they will also be deleted from iCloud. Don’t delete from phone unless you also want to delete them from iCloud.
- Delete pictures/videos/music that you do not need to free up storage space
- Restart your device
- If, after addressing the issues above, the problem persists, it could be that the developer of the app has not updated it recently and it is no longer supported by iOS. Check to see if the app has an update available and download the new version
- Consult the feedback on the Apple app store or online to verify if the app you are using has poor reviews. If it does, you can send feedback to the developer from the app store