Are you outside of your home calling area?
Long distance charges apply to incoming calls when you are outside your home calling area.
Do you have the most recent Preferred Roaming List (PRL)?
If you're on the 3G network and are not outside your home calling area, make sure you have the most recent Preferred Roaming List (PRL).
If you’re unsure whether you have a 3G or 4G device, follow these steps to check:
- Select your device from the device catalogue
- Select Features
- Select Details
- The technology type (3G or 4G) will be displayed under Networks.
To update the Preferred Roaming List (PRL) on your phone:
- Dial *22803
- Press 1 for English or 2 for French
- Press 2 to update your roaming list
- When programming is completed, a confirmation message will play
- End the call and follow any on-screen prompts.
- Your phone may restart.
Your PRL is updated.