What you’ll need to use Android Pay
Android Pay (AP) is a simple and secure way to pay for purchases in app or in stores. AP is an application that allows users with a NFC compatible device to use their phone for purchases by loading their credit or debit card onto the app. Android pay works with major credit and debit cards in Canada and can be used anywhere contactless is accepted.
Android Pay is secure, it does not share the card number with the retailer. Google stores your payment information on secure servers and encrypts it with industry-standard SSL (secure socket layer). If your phone is ever lost or stolen you can easily find, lock and erase your phone using My Device (or Find Device app). Furthermore, you will continue to receive all of the protections from your credit card or debit card company.
Android KitKat 4.4 and later
Phone supporting NFC (Near Field Communication) and HCE (Host Card Emulation)
Note that devices with modified software: developer, rooted, custom ROM and unlocked bootloader will not work with Android Pay.
How to set up Android Pay
- Open Settings on your phone and make sure NFC is turned on
- Go to the Google Play store and download the Android Pay application
- Add a credit or debit card:
- Select “+”
- Snap a picture of the front of the card
- Confirm the CVC
- Confirm your address
- Confirm the card details
Note: If you have any difficulty adding a card, verify if the card is supported by Android Pay and call the number of the back of your card. Your bank is standing by to help.
How do I use Android Pay once I have the app downloaded?
- Wake and unlock your device. There is no need to open the app.
- Hold the back of your device against the contactless payment terminal.
- Your phone will beep or vibrate to show your payment was made.
Depending on your issue, you will need to contact either TELUS or the responsible card issuer.
Contact TELUS if you need help with:
- Network and connectivity
- Hardware issues with the smartphone
Visit Android Pay Help Center if you need help with:
- Set up
- Using Android Pay
- Managing purchases & info
- Participating banks and supported cards for Android Pay