Instead of logging on to each of your external email accounts, you can retrieve email messages from TELUS Webmail.
You can also create a persona to use when you reply to or forward a message received from the external account.
Note: Messages from your external account are not automatically received in TELUS Webmail.
Select the Refresh icon on the toolbar to get the latest messages.
Add an External Account
- Go to Preferences.
- Select the Accounts page.
- Select Add External Account.
- In the External Account Settings section, enter the email address of the external account and add a name in the Account Name text box to identify the account.
- Select the type of account: POP or IMAP.
- In the Username of Account text box, enter the name associated with this email account. Sometimes your username is the part of your email address before the @, and other times it is your full email address.
- In the Email server text box, enter the name for your external account’s server.
- In the Password text box, enter the password you use to sign in to the external account. (To see that the password you typed is correct, select Show password.)
- If your service provider uses a different port than the default, change it in the Advanced Settings area. If you use a secure connection, enable Use an encrypted connection (SSL) when accessing this server.
- Your provider should let you know if they do not use a standard IMAP (143) or POP (110) port.
- Click Test Settings to verify the information.
- Select where to download the messages.
- To delete messages from the external account after you receive them in TELUS Webmail, select Delete messages on the server after downloading them.
- Type the name to appear in the From field of your outgoing email messages (for example, John). This is the name that is shown before your email address.
- To direct replies to email messages from this persona to a name and address different from the one you configured in From:
- Select Set the “Reply-to” field of email messages to
- Enter the name in the text box.
- (Optional) To associate a signature with the persona, click Manage your Signatures.
- Select Save.