What is my TELUS Easy Payment® Balance and my Device Discount balance?
How to spread the cost of your device over 24 or 36 months
What is TELUS Easy Payment®?
TELUS Easy Payment® is a new, affordable way for customers to have access to the latest and greatest devices in a fair, simple and transparent way. With TELUS Easy Payment®, you can see the clear difference between the cost of the device compared to your plan with TELUS.
You can make informed decisions on how much you want to pay upfront versus monthly and which device falls within your budget. Your device cost is spread out equally over 24 or 36 months. To learn more about TELUS Easy Payment®, visit.
What is My TELUS Easy Payment® balance?
Your TELUS Easy Payment® balance is the remaining balance to pay off the cost of your device over 24 or 36 equal monthly payments. Your TELUS Easy Payment® balance would depend on the upfront payment option chosen, any device discounts and if you've opted for the Bring-It-Back program. To learn more about the TELUS Bring-it-Back program, please visit.
Customers can get access to the latest and greatest device that is within their budget with 4 device payment options and 2 Easy Payment terms:
- Zero Upfront TELUS Easy Payment® (pay $0 upfront and all on your monthly bill over a 24 or 36-month term)
- Low Upfront TELUS Easy Payment® (pay a low upfront and the rest on your monthly bill over a 24-month term)
- Low Monthly TELUS Easy Payment® (pay more upfront and less on your monthly bill over a 24-month term)
- Buy Outright or BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
Based on the option chosen above, if you have opted into the 24 or 36 month Easy Payment term, any device discounts and if you are part of the Bring-It-Back program, the remaining TELUS Easy Payment® balance for your device is spread out over 24 or 36 equal monthly payments. Once you've paid the TELUS Easy Payment® balance, the device charge automatically drops off your bill and the only remaining monthly charge is for your plan with TELUS.
What is the difference between the 24 and 36 month Easy Payment term?
You will be making 24 equal monthly payments in the 24 Easy Payment term (36 payments for the 36-month term). Once you hit month 25 on the 24-month term (month 37 on the 36-month term), your Easy Payment balance will change to $0. You will only need to pay for your service/rate plan.
The 36-month Easy Payment term is only available on the Zero Upfront Easy Payment option. It is not applicable with the Bring it Back program and is not available for tablets and watches.
What is my Device Discount balance?
Your device discount balance is the remaining balance on the upfront discount you receive towards your device at the time of purchase. If you decide to upgrade or cancel your device before the end of your service term, you will need to pay back the remainder of this discount.
How it works
Below is an example of a TELUS Easy Payment® and Device Discount balance scenario:
Phone “A” sells in store with no term pricing of $1,400. Anna picks a 2-year term and receives a $200 device discount in store for the phone. The remaining $1,200 TELUS Easy Payment® balance is spread out over 24 months ($50 per month).
The device discount of $200 is spread out over 24 months ($200/24 = $8 per month)
If Anna completes her 24 month term, the TELUS Easy Payment® balance will reach $0 and the full device discount will be applied.
If she chooses to renew and get a new device after 22 months, she’ll have to pay back the TELUS Easy Payment® balance for the remaining 2 months of $100 ($50 x 2 months) and the device discount that would have been applied for the remaining 2 months of $16 ($8 x 2).
What if I buy my device outright or bring my own device?
If you choose to buy the device outright or bring your own device then you will not have a TELUS Easy Payment® balance as your device is already paid in full. You will have a device discount balance that will need to be paid back if you decide to upgrade or cancel your device before the end of your service term.
Explanation of terms
- Upfront cost: The amount that must be paid at the time of purchase. This amount is deducted from the total cost of the device
- TELUS Easy Payment® balance: The amount of the remaining device cost divided into equal payments over 24 months. At month 25, the cost of the device falls off your bill automatically
- Taxes: The taxes are calculated based on the total device cost minus any device sales and must be paid in full at the time of purchase. The tax rate is based on the province where the purchase is made
- Starting balance: This is the amount that is being paid back over 24 equal monthly payments
- Monthly payments: Amount of the monthly TELUS Easy Payment® paid on the bill.
- Current Balance: Remaining amount owed on the device after the monthly payment has been applied
- Amount paid: Amount paid to date by the customer
- Start date: This is when your monthly TELUS Easy Payment® starts
- End date: This is when your monthly TELUS Easy Payment® ends
Example: 24-month TELUS Easy Payment® balance
|Device||MTM Price||Device Discount||Bring-It-Back Amount||Upfront Payment||TELUS Easy Payment® Balance for 24 Months||Monthly Charge for Device at Month 25|
|iPhone Xs||$1,415||$200||$310||$350||$555/24 months = $23.13||$0|
|iPhone Xs||$1,415||$0||$0||$0||$1,415/24 months = $58.96||$0|
Example: 36-month TELUS Easy Payment® balance
|Device||MTM Price||Device Discount||Bring-It-Back Amount||Upfront Payment||TELUS Easy Payment® Balance for 36 Months||Monthly Charge for Device at Month 37|
|iPhone Xs||$1,415||$0||$0||$0||$1,415/36 months = $39.31||$0|
Help us improve this article
Please rate your experience