Follow these reminders to ensure a smooth and speedy installation experience.
Before the installation day
You should receive a reminder email a few days prior to the installation date you arranged. To change your installation date or add equipment, contact customer service at 310-1212 at least 24 hours in advance.
Prepare for a smooth installation
- Have an adult (18 years of age or older) present on site that is informed of designated location for the wires or equipment to be installed
- Ensure that the person will be present for the entire duration of the installation, as our technician will otherwise have to leave the premises
- If you live in an apartment or condo, contact your landlord or property manager in advance to arrange access to your building’s telephone room, if necessary.
- Make sure you have on hand the equipment required to configure your devices on site.
- Make sure your pets are safely secured for the duration of the installation
- Move any furniture blocking access to telephone and computer connections, and ensure TVs, computers or phones are placed where you would like them to be installed
- There may be additional installation charges if you consent to extra hardware or extra wiring work
Helpful reminders when switching providers
- If you have an email address with your previous provider, you may want to transfer your pictures, files and documents to your new email address.
- Remember to return equipment to your old provider, such as digital boxes and modems, if required