Online Returns explained
Learn how to return your Bring-It-Back™ device without visiting a store with Online Returns.
Coming soon: My TELUS will be updated regularly to reflect the status of your return.
Assess your device
Need help with your device assessment? See these tips to answer each of the questions. Please note that a TELUS representative will also evaluate your device to determine the final value.
- Does your device power on, and are you able to see your home screen? Check to see if the device powers up and stays on, and opens to a home screen or set up screen
- To maximize your estimate, please make sure your activation lock is off. This will appear on your device as either ‘Find my iPhone’ or ‘Reactivation lock’. Before you ship your device to us, please ensure the activation lock has been turned off to protect your personal information. Find out how to by turning off the activation lock, backing it up and resetting it
- Check if your touchscreen has any display issues. This can include blue lines, flickering or pixels that don’t show up. Inspect your screen to ensure it displays all information clearly and there are no dead spots, missing pixels or bruising when the screen is pressed. If the glass is cracked, but the screen still functions, answer yes to this question
- Is the front display, back, side or camera lens of the phone free of any cracks or chips? Check both your front and back screen for any cracks, scratches and scuff marks. If there are no visible chips or damages on the screen, side or camera lens, answer yes to this question
- Does your device have any loose or missing parts? This can include the battery case or home screen button. Check to see if all buttons and side buttons work and that there are no cracks in the housing
Take advantage of theto check your device condition and run through a series of tests that can help you assess your device’s value.
Have a damaged device? Check your.
If your device is not currently covered by a warranty and you would like to repair it before returning it, check out our preferred repair partnerand find a location near you with their .
Prepare and ship your device
Once you’ve received confirmation via email or in My TELUS that your new device has shipped, you’ll have 30 days to return your old device.
Step 1: Prepare your device
- To protect your personal information, back up all your data and restore the device to factory settings
- Remove the SIM and memory card and turn off the activation lock (Find My iPhone, Samsung Reactivation Lock, etc.). Visit our for more information
Step 2: Prepare your shipment
- Place your current device in your new phone’s box, or package it securely in a small box or bubble envelope to avoid damage in transit
- Device returns do not need to include accessories like chargers or headphones. However, please ensure the battery and battery cover are included
Step 3: Print your shipping label and send your shipment
- Visit a Canada Post or drop your parcel off in a mailbox
- Your shipping label contains important information about your device return. Please use the shipping label provided by TELUS to send your device. If you cannot use this label, ensure that all the reference numbers on the shipping label are visible. If the reference numbers are not visible, we may not be able to process your return
How to track your device return
You can monitor the progress of your return using the tracking number provided on the My TELUS website or app.
You’ll be notified by text message and in My TELUS when your device assessment is complete, and you can view your final value in My TELUS.
Note: It may take 2 to 3 days after your package has been received for your final value to update.
To access your My TELUS account, visit.
Once we receive your device, a TELUS representative will evaluate it to determine the final value. You’ll be notified by text message and in the My TELUS app and website when your assessment is complete. If your Bring-It-Back device meets the return criteria, the Bring-It-Back amount will be adjusted to $0 on your final bill.
You can view a detailed breakdown of your final assessment details, including any adjustment reasons, in My TELUS for 90 days.
Frequently asked questions
My shipping label has expired but I’d still like to return my device. What can I do?
Once your shipping label expires, you can no longer use it to ship your device back to us. If you’d still like to trade in your device, please visit a TELUS store.
I’m pre-ordering a device. Do I have to return my device before my new one arrives?
You do not need to go without a phone. Your 30-day return countdown begins when your new device ships to you.
I’m getting a new device with Reserve & Pick Up. Can I return my device online?
If you’ve selected to Reserve & Pick Up your new device, you will need to return or trade-in your device in-store. You can do this when you go to pick up your new device.
I changed my mind and don’t want to return.
If you would no longer like to trade in or return your device, simply keep your device and no credits will be applied. If you are a current Bring-It-Back customer, your Bring-It-Back amount will be added to your next bill.
Can I get my old device back after I return it?
All device returns are final. Once you send in your device, it cannot be reclaimed.
What happens to the Extended Warranty on my current device?
Your Extended Warranty will be cancelled when we process your return.
Terms and conditions
You are required to return the original Bring-It-Back (BIB) device on your account. Bring-It-Back device returns must meet all of the following device eligibility criteria:
- The device powers on and can navigate properly to the home screen. The LCD display functions correctly and the screen does not have any dead spots or bruising. The screen is free of cracks and damage. There are no missing parts (hinge, keypad, housing, buttons, battery door etc.). The Activation Lock is turned off (for example, Find My iPhone). The phone has not been reported as lost or stolen
- If your device does not meet all of the criteria above, you will be responsible for settling the BIB Program Amount in full
- The condition, specifications and other representations you have provided to TELUS as to your device are accurate
- Bring-it-Back devices returned that do not meet the condition requirements will not be accepted for a BIB return, will be returned to you and the BIB amount will be charged. If the BIB return meets condition requirements, we will accept the return and reverse the BIB program amount charge
- You agree to ship your device within 30 days of the day your new device is shipped to you. If you fail to send your device in 30 days you may no longer be eligible for the applicable trade-in offer
- You are required to clear all personal information and/or data on the device, including any activation locks (for example, Find My iPhone). TELUS is not responsible for any loss, safekeeping or maintenance in confidentiality of any personal information or data left on a device. Any personal information or data found on phones received will be deleted
- You represent and warrant that you are the sole and rightful owner of the device, that you have paid off all amounts owed for the device, that you are not trading in a lost or stolen device, and that the device is free from any liens or claims by third parties
- You must deactivate all services to your device before trade-in. We are not responsible for any charges accrued before, during, or after you send in your device. If you incur any charges, it is your responsibility to pay those charges