Optik Network Terminal installation (without fiber connector)
Follow these instructions to install the ONT
Warning: To prevent risks associated with fibre optics, always handle with care and make sure to never look at the end of the cable. Always point the end of the fibre optics cable towards the ground.
Warning: Additional precautions must be taken when working near an electrical panel. TELUS recommends that a certified electrician be hired if electrical work needs to be done.
To install it, please start with step 3.
To change an existing fiber terminal, please first follow the steps below.
- Locate the fiber terminal, it is often located near the electrical panel
- Disconnect all cables connected to the existing fiber terminal while making sure to always point the end of the fiber connector towards the ground
Install your fiber terminal by following these steps:
- Connect the power supply and the power wire together. Make sure they are well connected
- Connect the wire to a power outlet and the other part to the electrical port to the right of the fiber terminal
- Once properly connected, please press the black on/off button located on the right side of the four fiber terminal Ethernet ports
- Validate this step by checking whether the "PWR" indicator light is on in front of the fiber terminal
- Locate the fiber cable with a green connector
- Remove the protective plastic cap from the tip of the green connector
- Lift the protection flap located to the right of the fiber terminal electrical port
- Align and insert the fiber into this port
- You must then plug an Ethernet cable into the "DATA 1" port of the fiber terminal
- You now need to plug the other end of the Ethernet cable to the back of your modem into the "WAN" port
Learn more on how to install your T3200 modem.
Find information on how to install your TELUS Wi-Fi Hub here.