Install Norton Security Online – PC (Windows)
Learn how to install Norton Security Online on your Windows device
Install Norton Security Online
- Find your Norton download link
- If you have received an email from TELUS, click on the green Access Norton button in the email.
- If you are going through your TELUS Québec , go to the Internet menu in the left pane, then click the green Install button under the “Norton Security Online” tab. Depending on your browser, the Internet” menu may be under My services.
Note: The Norton website interface will open in English or French, depending on your browser language settings.
- Next, click on the yellow Agree & download button on the web page that opens on the Norton website.
Note: If you’re asked for a PIN at any point during installation, you can find it in the email you received from TELUS, or in the Espace client menu mentioned in the previous step. In the same menu on your Espace client, you can see your PIN in the licence details under the green Démarrer l’installation button. This is a 13-character PIN.
- The download manager will begin to download. Once the file download is complete, the way you open the Norton installation file will vary depending on the web browser you’re using:
- If you’re using Google Chrome, click on the NortonNSDownloader.exe file that should appear on the bottom left of the browser screen.
- If you’re using Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, a warning window will appear at the bottom of your browser screen. Click Run.
- If you’re using Mozilla Firefox, a warning window will appear in the middle of your screen. Click Save file and then click on the file titled NortonNSDownloader.exe in the download list in the top right corner of your browser window.
Note: If you’re using any of the browsers mentioned above and can’t find the downloaded file titled NortonNSDownloader.exe or your download list, you can open your downloads by pressing keystrokes Ctrl + J together on your keyboard when in your web browser. You can then simply open the most recent NortonNSDownloader.exe file in the download list.
- Once the NortonNSDownloader.exe file has been opened and launched, Norton will start downloading automatically in a new window.
Note: A User account control window may appear asking you to authorize the application. If this window appears, just select Yes.
- Before copying over the files, Norton will check for any conflicts.
- If it detects any other antivirus protection software, if will ask you to uninstall it. You will have to click the Uninstall button individually for each detected conflict and then follow the on-screen prompts. Your computer may need to restart one or more times during this process, depending on the number of conflicts detected.
- If another version of Norton is detected, it will automatically be removed later in the installation process to allow for the installation of Norton Security Online. When this option is displayed, simply click the Restart now button.
- If no conflicts are detected, you can go directly to Step 6.
Note: If you have antivirus protection already installed on your computer which wasn’t detected during the Norton Security Online installation process, please manually uninstall it to avoid conflicts.
Once the download is complete and no other installation is required or conflict detected, you can start installing the software by clicking Agree & install.
The installation process and activation of your licence should be completed automatically. If you’re asked for a PIN at any point during installation, you can find it in the email you received from TELUS or in your Espace client as mentioned in Step 2.
Once the installation is complete and the protection service has been activated, you should see the main Norton Security software window indicating that you are now protected.
Please note that there may be a short delay before the full range of protection is activated. If your protection isn’t fully activated within a few minutes, further actions may be required. Simply click the “Fix” button to automatically correct the situation.
Note: Following the installation, or the next time you turn on your computer, a message may be displayed indicating that Norton Security Online was successfully installed. If you receive this message, simply click Finish.
Norton may also offer extensions to add to your various web browsers after the installation. Installing these extensions is optional. Refer to the sectionon the Norton website for more details.
To enter your PIN, if it hasn’t been done already :
- Go to More Norton at the bottom right of the software interface, then in the Manage menu, click Manage my Protection.
- An Account required alert will appear; click Next and then create a Norton account in the Create an Account tab if you haven’t done so already. If you already have a Norton account, enter your login information in the Sign In tab.
- After following these steps, you will be automatically redirected to the account management page on the Norton website. Here you can manage your devices, your Norton licences, etc.
- If you are already using your Norton licence with the maximum two devices and wish to add more devices, you can increase the number up to 5, free of charge, in your Espace client on the TELUS Québec website. This option is in the Internet menu in the left pane of your Espace client, under the Norton Security Online tab. This is also where you will find your PIN.
- Depending on your browser, the “Internet” menu may be under My services, also in the left pane.
Technical support by chat
|Need help with home services?.|