Install Norton Security Online – Mac
Learn how to install Norton Security Online on your Mac
Install Norton Security Online
- Find your Norton download link:
- If you have received an email from TELUS, click on the green Access Norton button in the email.
- If you are going through your TELUS Québec Espace client, go to the Internet menu in the left pane, then click the green Install button under the Norton Security Online tab. Depending on your browser, the Internet menu may be under My services.
Note: The Norton website interface will open in English or French, depending on your browser language settings.
- Next, click on the yellow Agree & download button on the web page that opens on the Norton website.
Note: If you are asked for a PIN at any point during installation, you can find your PIN in the email you received from TELUS or in the Espace client menu mentioned in the previous step. In the same menu on your Espace client, you can see your PIN in the licence details under the green Démarrer l’installation button. This is a 13-character PIN.
- The download manager will begin to download. Once the file download is complete, the way you open the Norton installation file will depend on the web browser you’re using:
- If you’re using Safari, open the file called Install Norton Security in the download list in the top right corner of your browser. You will have to confirm that you want to open the file by clicking the Open button that will appear in a new window in the middle of your browser screen.
- If you’re using Mozilla Firefox, just select Open with and leave the default software. A download list will automatically open with the Norton folder selected. Click on this folder, then select Install Norton Security. You will have to confirm that you want to open the file by clicking the Open button that will appear in a new window in the middle of your browser screen.
- If you’re using Google Chrome, click on the setup.zip file that should appear at the bottom left of the browser screen. A download list will automatically open with the Norton folder selected. Click on this folder, then select Install Norton Security. You will have to confirm that you want to open the file by clicking the Open button that will appear in a new window in the middle of your browser screen.
Once the file titled Install Norton Security has opened and is launched, a new Norton Security window will open. You then have to click Agree & install to start the installation.
Before copying over the files, Norton will check for any conflicts. Please follow the on-screen prompts if a conflict is detected. If no conflicts are detected, you can go directly to Step 6.
Note: If you have antivirus protection already installed on your computer which wasn’t detected during the Norton Security installation process, please manually uninstall it to avoid conflicts.
To start the installation, you have to enter your computer password if prompted, then click the Install helper button.
Once the installation is complete, a new window may appear asking you to update your preferences to stay protected. Just follow the steps and then click the Continue button that will appear in the Norton window.
You’ll then have to restart your computer by clicking the Restart button.
Once you’ve restarted your device, the main Norton Security software window should open and indicate that you are now protected. If there are still steps to be taken, simply click the Fix now button to automatically correct the situation.
Following the installation, Norton may offer extensions to add to your various web browsers. Installing these extensions is optional.
You also have the option of logging in to your Norton account using the button for adding available devices at the top of the Norton window. This step is optional. If you don’t have a Norton account, you can create one from this menu by going to the second tab marked “Create an Account.”
- If you want to disconnect your Norton account from your Android device, you will have to do so through your account’s web portal on the .
- If you are already using your Norton licence with the maximum two devices and wish to add more devices, you can increase the number up to 5, free of charge, in your Espace client on the TELUS Québec website. This option is in the Internet menu in the left pane of your Espace client, under the “Norton Security Online” tab. This is also where you will find your PIN.
- Depending on your browser, the Internet menu may be under My services, also in the left pane.
Technical support by chat
|Need help with home services?.|