2020 TELUS Holiday Giveaway Instagram contest
Contest rules to win Google Pixel 5, wireless headphones and more
How to enter
To be eligible to win a prize in any of the six Instagram posts for the TELUS Holiday Giveaway, entrants must meet the following three (3) conditions:
- Tag two (2) friends in the comments under the TELUS Holiday Giveaway post on the @TELUSfr Instagram page
- Follow @TELUSfr on Instagram
- Like the TELUS Holiday Giveaway post on the @TELUSfr Instagram page
No purchase necessary. The contest starts each day at 9 a.m. (EST) and closes the same day at 11:59 p.m. (EST), from Monday, December 7, 2020 to Saturday, December 12, 2020.
One (1) winner will be selected for each Instagram post for the TELUS Holiday Giveaway, for a total of six (6) winners. The winner for each Instagram post will receive one (1) of the following prizes as mentioned in the caption of the Instagram post:
- Day 1: one (1) Google Pixel 5, valued at $900 each, and TELUS will give $250 to a non-religious registered Canadian charity of the winner’s choice*
- Day 2: one (1) set of a Google Nest Audio, Google Chromecast and Google TV – valued at $199.99 per set, and TELUS will give $250 to a non-religious registered Canadian charity of the winner’s choice*
- Day 3: one (1) Skullcandy Venue ANC – valued at $239.99, and TELUS will give $250 to a non-religious registered Canadian charity of the winner’s choice*
- Day 4: one (1) Native Union Drop XL – valued at $139.99, and TELUS will give $250 to a non-religious registered Canadian charity of the winner’s choice*
- Day 5: one (1) Track+ – valued at $120.00 and TELUS will give $250 to a non-religious registered Canadian charity of the winner’s choice*
- Day 6: TELUS will give $2,000 to a non-religious registered Canadian charity of the winner’s choice*
Total value of all prizes is $4,849.97.
- Organizations must have charitable status and be registered by the Canadian Revenue Agency
- Organizations must abide by the Canadian Human Rights Act, ensuring equality of opportunity regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation and other factors individuals may be discriminated against
- We would not be able to fund religious or sectarian organizations, except where they represent non-denominational community and social support services
- We would not be able to fund political organizations and candidates, individuals and for-profit organizations
The winner will not receive any cash difference between the actual value of the Prize and the approximate value mentioned above. If the winner is unable to accept the Prize for any reason, they must forfeit the Prize.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is not transferable unless a transfer is authorized in the Contest Rules, and cannot be exchanged with TELUS for cash. If the Prize is a mobile phone or tablet, activation is not included. A credit check is mandatory for all activations and the winner must respect the TELUS Terms of Service. TELUS makes no representations or warranties with respect to the above equipment. TELUS reserves the right to substitute any portion of the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such Prize becomes unavailable for any reason. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
Only entries received during the contest period will be considered valid. The contest is only open to Quebec residents 13 years of age or older. The contest is not open to employees of TELUS Corporation (“TELUS”), its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, employees of its advertising and promotional agencies, or household members with whom they are domiciled. Employees and representatives of the contest sponsors, as well as their family and household members, are also ineligible for the contest.
The contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
If your entry contains a photo, you certify that you have obtained the consent of all individuals who appear in the photo. If your entry contains a photo of a minor (a person under 18), consent is required from the minor's parent or legal guardian.
By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that TELUS's liability with regard to this contest is limited to the value of the Prize as described below.
A TELUS representative will make a prize drawing to determine the winner at the TELUS offices at 630 René-Lévesque Boulevard West, on Tuesday, December 15, 2020, at around 2 p.m. (EST). The selected entrant will receive a direct message on Instagram. Only the selected winning entrant will be contacted. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within one (1) business day of the drawing, or if the selected entrant does not meet the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
In order to win, the entrant selected must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question, unaided, and will be required to sign a standard release form. If the selected entrant is considered a minor in their province of residence, one of their parents or legal guardians must read and accept the Contest Rules. Failure to answer the skill-testing mathematical question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules, or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification, and another entrant will be selected until the Prize is awarded.
Protection of privacy
Any dispute respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity contest may be submitted to the Rėgie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any dispute respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Rėgie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
All entries become the property of TELUS. TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, or damaged entries. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, tampered with or unlawful. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be declared invalid. Should it be determined that an entry has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these rules or that an entrant has submitted more than the permitted number of entries, the entrant and all of their entries will be disqualified. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. The contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
You agree that no money or other form of remuneration or consideration shall be paid to you by TELUS for your participation, and that TELUS is authorized to publish and broadcast your entry anywhere and at any time for TELUS’s needs.
You represent and warrant that you hold all rights to your participation. Entrants hereby waive all rights (including intellectual property rights, privacy rights, image rights and moral rights) that could prevent TELUS or its affiliated companies from using their entry, and entrants agree to not pursue legal action against TELUS or make any claim against TELUS for the use of their entry, image or statements.
Entrants who refer to or comment on a topic that the Page administrator judges, at their full discretion, to be potentially contrary to community standards, otherwise inappropriate, or illegal will be removed from the Page and barred from TELUS contests and events.
To be eligible to win the Prize, entrants who are customers of TELUS must have their TELUS accounts in good standing (with a current account balance that is no more than 30 days past due) at the time when they enter the contest or when the prize is awarded.