Set up Globetrotter email using the Gmail app
Access your Globetrotter email account using Google’s Gmail app.
How the Gmail app brings you the best experience
The official Gmail app brings the best of TELUS email to your mobile devices with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
- Undo "Send" to prevent embarrassing mistakes
- Get notified of new mail fast
- Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type and spelling suggestions
- Swipe to archive/delete and to quickly clear out your inbox
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
- Respond to calendar invites right from the app
- Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
- Send and receive attachments
- See profile pictures as part of the conversation
How to set up your Globetrotter email account using the Gmail app
- Download the Gmail app from the or on your device. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the app
- Open the Gmail app. Once it installs, select Add account. Select Google as this is used for TELUS email
Note: If you already were using Gmail before for Webmail, you can add a new account by tapping your profile picture in the top-right corner, and choosing Add/Use another account
- Enter your username and password when prompted
- Once authenticated, you will be redirected back to the Gmail App where you will see your account has been added
Optionally, if you want to use the Calendar or Contact apps, you can go to the App Store or Google Play and search "Google Calendar" or “Google Contacts” (not available for iOS) to use it on your mobile device.