- Free up IT resources - shift focus from managing infrastructure to managing results
- Optimize cost structure - save costs of owning IT infrastructure in-house
- Retain applications that aren’t built for cloud - leverage existing investments with hybrid IT
- Reduce risk - rely on the highest data centre, security, network and compliance standards
The Right Mix
How Managed Hosting Can Benefit Your Business
Offload Your Infrastructure and Free Up Your Resources
More and more companies are turning to off-site data centres as an efficient, cost-effective alternative to owning and operating infrastructure that places increasing demands on IT resources. Not all applications are built for cloud. A managed hosting solution is a perfect alternative and gives you the technology and the skills to manage your infrastructure, allowing your IT department to focus on strategic business priorities.
TELUS Managed Dedicated Servers - get the performance, flexibility, scalability and security in a dedicated single-tenant server environment for your complex applications without the burden of managing them in-house. We install an operating system of your choice - VMware , Microsoft, RedHat Linux and others - and manage it for you.
To further optimize your IT investment, virtualize your dedicated environment with a Managed Virtual Server option and benefit from greater agility, variable consumption-based billing, and the best balance between performance and total cost of ownership.
As part of the solution, we include redundant and diverse internet connectivity and a range of high-performance multi-tenant, SAN-based storage options for all your data storage requirements with multiple service levels to optimize application performance.
Optimize Your Cost
Enable your hybrid IT strategy by combining managed hosting services with TELUS Hybrid Cloud and get the most of your IT investment. With a hybrid environment, you can ensure your applications are placed in the right infrastructure based on their performance, availability and security requirements.
Improve Your Application Performance
Add an extra layer of assurance to your hybrid IT solution with these optional components:
- Managed network: redundant and diverse private network connectivity to offer the required application performance and reliability
- Managed security: includes antivirus, firewall and threat management, VPN and secure connectivity to secure your data and applications
- Managed database: from database design and maintenance through database systems operations and assurance services, get the database performance you need at all times
- Managed backup and disaster recovery: data replication for physical or virtual server environments ensures you always have access to a current copy of your data, applications and operating systems