SmartHome Security: Compatible devices
Learn about compatible devices with SmartHome Security
Already have SmartHome accessories and devices or looking to add to your existing TELUS SmartHome Security system? Our system integrates with many other popular SmartHome products. Please see below for more details.
Voice assistant integration
- What is a voice assistant?
A voice assistant uses voice recognition, natural language processing and speech synthesis to provide a service through a particular application. Assistants can be found in smart phones as well as in a multitude of products, the most popular currently being smart speakers such as Google Home, Google Home Mini, Amazon Echo, Amazon Dot and Apple Homepod, to name a few.
- Which voice assistant is my TELUS SmartHome Security system compatible with?
The TELUS SmartHome Security system can be integrated with Siri.
- What can a voice assistant do?
Voice Assistants can execute a variety of things, from taking notes and setting alarms/reminders to controlling Smart Home devices.
Example: “Hey Siri, turn on my living room light.”
Add a z-wave device
The TELUS SmartHome Security system is compatible with a number of z-wave devices to further enhance your SmartHome experience. This will allow you to control all of your z-wave devices under the TELUS SmartHome mobile app. Please refer to the Compatible devices section below for a list of devices. To use any of these products, you must be subscribed to the Control plan.
Follow these simple steps to add a z-wave device to your main control panel:
Qolsys Panel (2019 and after):
- On your panel, select Settings
- From the Settings menu, select Advanced settings. Enter your Master code
- From the Advanced settings menu, select Z-wave devices
- Select Add device. Select the Include button. The panel will now search for the device
- The panel will now search for the device. Please make sure your device is in pairing mode as per manufacturer instructions
- Once the pairing process is complete, adjust the device name by editing and making the appropriate selections. The device should show up on the TELUS SmartHome app and desktop portal within five minutes of adding the device
2GIG Panel (before 2019):
- Select Services in the control panel
- Select Z-Wave
- Select the Toolbox icon
- Enter your Master code
- Select Remove Devices
- Trigger device to erase network data and delete from network
- Select Add Devices. The control panel will now enter discovery mode
- Once the pairing process is complete, you should see an indication in the control panel that the device was added to the network
If a Feature Not Available message appears, please contact TELUS at 1-855-255-8828 to have the Z-Wave feature activated on your account.
For a comprehensive list of devices, please check out our. These smart products can be purchased directly on Amazon or from your local or online electronics retailers. Please note TELUS does not provide support for these devices. For additional support, contact your device manufacturer or local retailer.
To use these devices, you must be subscribed to the Control plan and on a 2GIG or Qolsys panel. To upgrade your plan, contact TELUS at 1-855-255-8828.
The following devices are not compatible with the TELUS SmartHome Security system:
- Philips Hue
- Arlo Cameras
- Ring Doorbells
- Nest Protect or Cameras
Frequently asked questions
Does TELUS cover warranty on my compatible device?
All products purchased as part of your initial TELUS SmartHome package are covered under warranty as per your service agreement. Any additional products added to your TELUS SmartHome Security system not purchased from TELUS are not covered under TELUS warranty and you will have to contact the device manufacturer directly.
Will TELUS send a TELUS technician to install or fix my add-on compatible devices?
All compatible z-wave devices can easily pair with the TELUS SmartHome Security system and our TELUS team can help ensure your panel is ready to connect to these devices. If you have problems with a specific compatible device, you will need to contact the original manufacturer or local retailer where you purchased this device for additional troubleshooting. TELUS will not send a technician to install or troubleshoot these devices.
What if my compatible z-wave device does not pair with my TELUS SmartHome Security system?
If your compatible z-wave device does not pair with your TELUS SmartHome Security system, your device may be out of range. More details on how Z-Wave technology works can be found. For additional support, please refer to or contact the manufacturer for more details.
How do I know if I am on the Control plan?
To check if you are on the Control plan, log into your MyTELUS account. On the Overview page under Security & Safety, your plan should indicate “SmartHome Security - Control”. If you would like to upgrade to the Control plan, please contact TELUS at 1-855-255-8828.
If I rent can I install these devices?
Every renter’s situation is different. You will need to contact your landlord for specific rules regarding installing devices in your place of residence.