SmartHome Security: SmartHome mobile app or web portal
Information for using the TELUS SmartHome mobile app or web portal
About the SmartHome mobile app
You can use your TELUS SmartHome mobile app to do the following:
- Manage your security system remotely
- Arm and disarm your security system
- Cancel an alarm
- View up-to-date information on your home, such as what sensors are open or active
- View any recent activity
- Live-view your video devices
- Access your recorded videos
- Interact with any of your automation equipment: lights, thermostat, locks, garage controller
- Control your home by activating rules or scenes
- Set up and manage your notifications
Learn how to use the basic features within your TELUS SmartHome mobile app. You can also take a virtual tour of the app at any time.
Take a tour of the SmartHome mobile app
Log into your TELUS SmartHome Mobile app with your username and password. (This is not the same as your My TELUS)
a. If you do not remember your username or password, you can check your username or
b. If you do not remember the email you used to register for the service, please
Select the button in the top left-hand corner
Scroll down to App Tour
Swipe through the tour to learn everything you can do with your new TELUS SmartHome & Security system!
Take a tour of the SmartHome web portal
In addition to the TELUS SmartHome mobile app, there is also a SmartHome web portal. You can use your SmartHome web portal to do everything you can on your TELUS SmartHome mobile app in addition to creating rules and scenes for your home.
To take a tour:
- Log into your TELUS SmartHome web portal. (This is not the same as your My TELUS)
- Select the option in the top right-hand corner
- Scroll down to the App tour option
- Swipe through the tour to learn everything you can do with your new TELUS SmartHome & Security system!
Arm or disarm your system
- From your mobile app or web portal dashboard, go to your Panel card
- If your system is not armed, select the shield icon to Arm
- As you arm your system through the mobile app, any devices that are currently active (i.e. a door is open, or a motion sensor is active) will be automatically bypassed
- Your system will arm instantly, without exit delay
- See a full list of active icons from your home screen
- Once the system is armed, select the shield icon to Disarm
Cancel an alarm
In the event of an alarm, a Cancel button will appear on the home screen of your SmartHome mobile app for 90 seconds. If the alarm is false, you can press and hold Cancel for three seconds. After canceling any alarm from your mobile app, apart from a police intrusion, you will receive a call from the Central Monitoring Station to ensure you and your home are safe. Cancelling an alarm within the app will disarm your system. You can rearm your system at anytime within the app.
Only users with Master level permission can cancel an alarm from the SmartHome mobile app.
Note: An alarm can only be cancelled or verified from the SmartHome mobile app every five minutes.
On your mobile app, any sensors that are currently open will be bypassed when you arm your system. To see a list of all the sensors that are active or open, check your panel card.
Set up personalized notifications & alerts
Your TELUS SmartHome & Security system makes it easy to set up alerts letting you know when a user accesses your home. These can be set up in several ways – always know when your kids are home safely from school, or ensure your dog-walker has arrived on time. Additionally, you can create no-show alerts. These are ideal for regular service providers like landscapers or cleaners. Get notified when they arrive and when they leave, as well as one if they fail to arrive.
There are several other types of alerts you can create for smart access control, including Geo-Services alerts which lets you know if you've left home without arming your security system, or locking your doors. When you receive one, you can simply secure your home remotely through your TELUS SmartHome mobile app.
Have you ever left your home, and questioned whether or not you locked your front door? It happens to all of us at some point or another. Fortunately, your TELUS SmartHome & Security system allows you to set reminders, so you’re never in doubt again. A reminder based on your schedule or location ensures that you always keep your home safe and secure. Here's how to set up reminder that lets you know if you forget, and enables you to secure your home remotely with one tap on your phone.
Set a new notification:
- to your TELUS SmartHome account and go to the Notifications tab
- Select the New notification button
- Choose your notification type, and choose from a wide range of pre-customized reminders
- Set your notification time preferences
- If you have Geo-Services set up, you have the option of triggering the alert when you leave your home's geo-fence
- Set your notification days and add recipients
- Save your notification
Grant access to family and visitors with unique user access codes
Your TELUS SmartHome Security system allows you to grant unique user codes for family and trusted guests. These codes securely allow your visitors the freedom to come and go without sacrificing security or control. Each code is unique and works only during the times you assign. For example, the dog walker can come and go during weekdays between 12pm and 2pm. On the other hand, your long time, trusted neighbour can get access to your home anytime in case there's an emergency. You can also create user codes which expire, perfect for those weekend-only houseguests.
You can create new users and access codes on the SmartHome mobile app and SmartHome web portal.
The door lock has evolved and gone keyless. Forgot your keys? Having guests over while you’re away? No problem! Through the use of access codes, your locks will work together with other devices to allow your family and guests secure access to your home. Lock or unlock the door from anywhere right from your smartphone.
Remote instant access
Consider the common scenario of a service appointment scheduled at your home "between 11am and 3pm". You can take time off from work, or with your TELUS SmartHome Security system, you can get on with your busy day. When your service person calls your mobile phone, remotely unlock the front door and disarm the security system so they can get to work. Additionally, you can access a live video feed of your home’s interior to ensure the job is going as planned. Then, when they leave, simply re-arm the system and lock the front door.
Manage emergency contact information
Learn how to manage emergency contacts, phone number and verbal password on.