What is G Suite Sync for Microsoft® Outlook®
Using G Suite Sync for Microsoft® Outlook® (GSSMO) lets you synchronize your Outlook application with TELUS Email powered by Google, which is a G Suite account.
Before you start, please ensure you have logged on to TELUS email powered by Google at mail.google.com and you can see your email inbox in your browser.
Requirements to use GSSMO
GSSMO is available for use with the following operating systems:
- Windows Vista SP1 (32 and 64 bit)
- Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)
- Windows 8 (32 and 64 bit)
- Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit)
GSSMO is compatible with the following versions of Microsoft Outlook:
- Microsoft Outlook 2003 SP3
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 SP2 (or SP1 with hotfix)
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 (32 and 64 bit) with Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 (32 and 64 bit)
- Microsoft Outlook 2016 (32 and 64 bit)
- Microsoft Outlook 2019 (32 and 64 bit)
Ensure your operating system and Microsoft Outlook version match one of the above before continuing. If you do not match the Operating system or Outlook versions, please visit Set up TELUS email on your computer for other options.
Steps to use GSSMO
- Ensure Outlook is not running
- Download GSSMO and choose Download .EXE file (recommended)
- Open the file that downloaded and follow the instructions to install GSSMO
Note: If you closed GSSMO, you can restart the process opening the Start menu, and clicking on Set up a G Suite Sync user.
After you install GSSMO, you will be prompted to sign in to your Google Account with your TELUS email powered by Google.
- Enter your TELUS email address that you use for signing in and select Continue
- Enter your password and select Next
- Select Allow to provide GSSMO access to your Google Account
- Switch to GSSMO by clicking the GSSMO icon in your taskbar as shown below
- Select Start Microsoft Outlook
- Select your TELUS Email Profile (will be listed with “G Suite”)
- Optional: Select Options and check Set as default profile if you want to use this profile every time you open Outlook
- Select OK
As soon as Outlook opens your TELUS email profile, GSSMO will automatically sync data with your account.
You are now ready to use TELUS email with Outlook. For more information on what to do next, visit G Suite for Outlook.
Note: You have completed steps 1 and 2 already.