Change your Wi-Fi network’s name and password - Actiontec V1000H or V2000H (Quebec only)
How to change your Wi-Fi network name and password (Actiontec V1000H or V2000H)
Not your modem?
Your Actiontec V1000H or V2000H wireless gateway includes a preconfigured home Wi-Fi network. The name (SSID) and password of your home Wi-Fi network are printed on a label affixed to the side of your wireless gateway.
To configure a customized and secured home Wi-Fi network, and connect to the Internet wirelessly, follow the steps below using a wired Internet connection.
- Open your Web browser.
- Enter the following in the address bar: 192.168.1.254
- Press the Enter key on your keyboard. The Home screen is displayed.
- To launch a session, enter the following information:
- Username: admin
- Password: The default password is the serial number of the gateway, printed on the side of the gateway (unless you have changed it).
- Click Login. The Welcome screen is displayed.
- Click No, then Apply. The Home screen is displayed.
- At the top of the next screen, click Wireless Setup. The Basic Settings screen is displayed.
- Complete the following fields:
- Wireless Radio: Select Enable.
- SSID Broadcast: Select Enable.
- SSID Name: The name you and others will see when searching for your wireless network.
- Security: For enhanced security, WPA/WPA2 is recommended.
- WPA Type: Select WPA or WPA2 – Personal.
- Encryption: Select All.
- Security Key Type: Select Use Custom Passphrase, clear the corresponding text box, then enter your desired password (between 8 and 63 characters). Note: Your password must consist of letters, numbers or a combination of both.
- Click Apply.
- Reconnect your devices to your new customized network.