Internet 300 Mbps or lower
Measure the speed of your Internet connection
Use the tool below to test the internet speed to your device.
Note: If there’s a poor connection between your device and the modem, or your device is not capable of achieving your subscribed speed, you may not see accurate speed test results below.
For more accurate speed test result, if you have a TELUS Wi-Fi Hub download theto see the internet speed to your modem.
For internet 500 Mbps or higher speed plans, follow these steps.
Is the speed slower than what you expected? Your device, connection type and home set up will all affect the speed you are getting.
If you cannot download and use TELUS My Wi-Fi app, you may need to optimize your set up to get the most accurate results:
- Check the maximum wireless speed of the device with the manufacturer
- Use your newest laptop or desktop computer that can connect to your TELUS modem via a wired connection
- If you need to connect using a wireless device, stand close to the modem so you can ensure you have a good signal
- Pause all other internet activities on all of your devices in the home. You can use to pause single devices or groups of devices
Want to learn more about why your Wi-Fi may be slow and how to improve it? Watch this short video here that explains everything.
Need a faster Internet?
If your existing Internet plan is delivering its stated speed but is still too slow for your needs, consider.
Find faster plans so you can stream and download high quality video content and music, download and backup files and monitor your home on multiple devices such as smart TVs, mobile devices, computers and security systems.
If you are only experiencing slow speeds in certain areas of your home located further away from your modem,provides additional coverage.
Get better results
- To get the most accurate results, download and use to check speeds between the TELUS network and your home. This will help you determine if there are any issues with your Wi-Fi or if there is anything outside the home affecting your speeds.
- Performing a test over Wi-Fi may result in lower than expected results. Every device has a different maximum Wi-Fi speed and this may limit the test to a certain speed. For more information, please visit
- Do not download, upload, use VPN (virtual private network) or browse the web while conducting the test
Learn more about your internet speed result
Internet speed refers to how quickly information can be transmitted back and forth from the Internet to your computer. Internet speeds are measured in Mbps (Megabits per second).
- Download speed is how quickly information is transmitted from the Internet to your computer. When it comes to downloading or patching video games, watching videos, and streaming music on the web, this is the key number to watch for
- Upload speed is how quickly you can send information from your computer to the Internet. This includes file sharing, syncing photos, cloud back ups and more
- Ping is the reaction time of your connection. A lower ping means a more responsive connection, which is ideal for online gaming. However, depending on the physical location or configuration of the server (where websites and games are hosted on), this number may vary