Transfer Shaw email to TELUS email
These instructions will help you transfer your Shaw emails to TELUS Webmail
These instructions will help you transfer your Shaw emails to TELUS Webmail. Make sure that your Shaw email is be active before you begin. If your Shaw email has been deactivated, please contact Shaw before following these steps.
- Login to TELUS Webmail
- Navigate to Preferences and head to Accounts within Webmail
- Click Add External Account
- Enter the email address of the external account and add a name in the Account Name text box to identify the account (i.e. old account) in the External Account Settings section
- Select IMAP or POP for type of account
- Enter the username associated with this email account in the Username of Account field. Use the same username you type in to login to the external account
- Enter the name for the external account server in the Email server box
- Enter your password in the Password field. You can select Show Password to ensure you have entered in the correct password
- If the old account uses SSL encryption, go to Advanced Settings and enable “Use an encrypted connection (SSL) when accessing this server”.
- Ensure the ports match what the other provider uses
- Click Test Settings to verify the information
- Select what folder to download the messages
- Click “ Delete messages on the server after downloading them ” to delete messages from the other email
- Type the name to appear in the From field of your outgoing messages (for example, John). This is what others will see when you email them Note: To direct replies to email messages from this persona to a name and address different from the one you configured in From:
a. Select Set the “Reply-to” field of email messages to
b. Enter the name in the text box and select the email from the dropdown
15. (Optional) To associate a signature with the persona, click Manage your Signatures
16. Click Save
Note: Messages from your external account are not automatically received in TELUS Webmail. Click the Refresh icon on the toolbar to get the latest messages.
Help us improve this article
Please rate your experience