Home phone voicemail family extension mailboxes
Set up and access an extension mailbox
Extension voicemail services are only offered on select Home phone voicemails.
Create an extension mailbox
Before you begin, you need tofor your Home phone voicemail.
You can create up to three voicemail extensions on your Home phone to allow other users to use their own voice mailbox.
- Log in to your mailbox on the web using your main mailbox password
- Go to Profile > Voicemail > Family mailbox
- Select Add to create 1, 2 or 3 extension mailboxes
- Enter a unique temporary web and voicemail password for each extension and provide the passwords to each extension user
- To set up extension mailboxes, each extension user must access their voicemail from the Home phone
- to create your permanent password and record your name and personal greeting for each extension
Accessing an extension mailbox
There are two ways to access an extension mailbox.
Access an extension mailbox from the Home phone:
- From your Home phone, wait for a dial tone, then dial *98
- Enter the temporary password provided by the main mailbox user
- If no password was entered by the main mailbox user, then the default password is your 10-digit mailbox number + the extension number. (For example, if your Home phone number is 604-777-5555 and your extension is 2, then the default password is 60477755552)
Access and extension mailbox from another phone:
- Dial the toll-free voicemail access number 1-844-310-9898
- Enter the 10-digit phone number + extension number
- Enter the extension password
Help us improve this article
Please rate your experience