TELUS Home Assistant on the Google Assistant: Known Issues
List of known issues with the TELUS Home Assistant
Below is a list of known issues with TELUS Home Assistant that we are working on resolving. If your issue is not covered below, please visit the Neighborhood community to share your feedback for future improvements.
| Known Issue |
| Recommendation |
|Slow response to commands ||We are continuing to work hard with Google to improve the speed of commands. |
If you are experiencing extended speed issues, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Check your internet connection as the speed relies on the stability of your WiFi network. Rebooting your modem and router.
2. Reboot your speaker if you have a Google Home device or quit and restart if you are using the Google Assistant app.
*To reboot the Google Home device, remove the power cable for a few seconds and then plug back in.
3. Ensure your device is set up away from obstructions or other devices that would impede the microphone from receiving a command, and that the mute button for the mic is not switched on.
|“Search for” and “Find” commands are not always triggering a response. ||These two commands are being developed to make it easier for you to search. In the meantime, please use the phrase “Show me”. |
|Issues with commands while in the Stingray Music, Youtube and Netflix apps on 4K boxes. ||TELUS Home Assistant does not currently support searching using voice in the Stingray Music, Netflix or YouTube app on 4K boxes. You can, however, leverage the search command to find content on Live TV and On Demand. |
You can, however, leverage the search command to find content on Live TV and On Demand.
|Unable to tune to a Live TV channel while on On Demand content. ||Please repeat the command. Our teams are working hard to resolve this defect upon a future release. |
|Fast forward and rewind does 30 second skips. ||Please leverage skip ahead or skip back by duration while our teams work on improving this feature. |
|"Launch scheduled recording" does not work even though Google Assistant responds positively. ||Today, you cannot launch scheduled recordings. However, you can “launch recordings” or “go to recordings”. |
|Google Assistant is responding to your search command, but no changes occur on the TV. || The channel you are searching for is not in the Channel Map. Please voice Google Assistant’s response and instead, try tuning to the channel by channel name. |
Additional Known Issues for the Google Assistant App
Known issue with linking: Error message while linking TELUS Home Assistant in Google Assistant application.
We are working with Google to troubleshoot some intermittent linking issues we see on Android devices with Google Assistant. In the meantime, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check back on settings screen to see if pairing was successful
- Retry linking a few more times as subsequent attempt should be successful
- Submit a feedback to Google to record the linking / setup issue for investigation. To do so:
- Open the Google Assistant app
- Select the vertical three dot icon found in the top right-hand corner
- Select feedback from the pop-up list found at the bottom of the screen and follow the on-screen prompts to send the feedback to Google for future improvements
- "Turn off the volume" is not working. Please try again using the phrase: “Hey Google, mute on (device nickname)”. Google Assistant responds twice to every command. This should not affect the performance of the command appearing on screen and will be resolved in a future release
- "Tune to previous channel" command does not work. We will be correcting this in an upcoming release
While we improve this feature, please leverage the channel tune functionality: "Hey Google, tune to channel 101 on (device nickname)" or "Hey Google, tune to CTV on (device nickname)”. Google Assistant says “recording” while the screen may say “this program cannot be recorded” when you attempt to record on an unsubscribed channel, or On Demand content. We are working to align the verbal message from Google and the on screen message.
Please note that you cannot record On Demand content.