Error LP1008 on Pik TV
If you receive a message stating Authentication error, user not provisioned (invalid credentials):
- Ensure you have an active subscription to Pik TV. If you would like to subscribe to Pik TV visit telus.com/PikTV
- Have you received your confirmation email? It will include the following subject line: Confirmation of changes to your TELUS account. If you have not received a confirmation email, your Pik TV account is still being processed. Try again once you receive your confirmation email
- Have you completed your My TELUS registration? To confirm, visit telus.com/MyTelus
If the issue persists, please contact us.
How to return to the Pik TV login screen to try again
On your Pik TV Media box or Nvidia Shield:
- Navigate to the Android TV home screen and go to Settings in the top right hand corner
- Scroll down to Apps and select OK
- Select Pik TV and press OK
- Scroll down to Force stop and press OK
- Relaunch the Pik TV app from the Android TV home screen and navigate to Settings
- Enter your My TELUS username and password and select Login
On your Apple TV
- Force quit the Pik TV by double-clicking the TV icon on your Siri remote
- Scroll left or right to highlight your Pik TV app and swipe up to close
- Relaunch the Pik TV app from your Apple TV home screen
- Navigate to Settings on the menu bar of the Pik TV home screen
- Select Login
- Enter in your My TELUS username and password and click Login
On your smartphone or tablet
- View your running apps by double clicking on your Home button
- Find the Pik TV app and swipe up on it to force close the Pik TV app
- Relaunch the Pik TV app and you'll be presented with the login screen
Rights server denied authorization error
This error is displayed on a Pik TV app on a mobile device when you try to play any current live program on a channel to which you are not subscribed. Ensure you are logged in to Pik TV on your mobile device and ensure you are subscribed to the channel you wish to watch.
Max sessions exceeded
This error will appear in case you attempt to use Pik TV on more than 2 devices. Log out of another device.
If you see this error when pressing the microphone button, try these steps:
- Ensure the Bluetooth is active on your remote (blue light is visible on your media box)
- Check that the remote is paired and battery life is sufficient. Google Home page > Settings > Remotes & accessories > Pik TV Remote
- Check the Remote Control Firmware. Google Home page > Settings > Remotes & accessories > Remote Control Firmware. If there is an update available, select Update
- If all of the above are enabled and up to date, try a long power cycle (turn off STB for a few minutes) to trigger any other updates that may be pending on the STB
- After a long power cycle, try your voice command again
No network connection
Check your Wi-Fi status and be sure to check out our Troubleshoot Pik TV Wi-Fi connection issues page.
Launching the Guide (using the Guide button on your remote) will stop live playback. You can browse the Live Guide while watching live TV. Just follow these steps:
- While watching live TV, press OK twice, once to see program details and again to launch the Live Guide
- The Live Guide will enable you to peek at what else is on now or on next without leaving your current show
When watching live, launching the Guide (pressing Guide button on your remote) stops the live playback in the background and clears the last viewed history. Launching the Pik TV menu performs in a similar manner. The previously viewed channel cannot be resumed using the prev button on your remote. Launch the Guide again to find your previously watched content.
The prev button on your remote will work when watching one channel then watching another channel. Using the prev button will return you to the previously watched channel.
Tip: Use the Live Guide to browse for on now or on next content. While watching Live TV, press OK twice to launch the Live Guide. Playback continues so you can watch your show, and browse for what to watch next. In this scenario the prev button on your remote will work as expected.
When launching the Live Guide for browsing content during video playback, some channels may not appear. If the channel you are looking for does not appear in the Live Guide, launch the full Guide using your Guide button on your remote to see the full list of channels.
As part of a recent upgrade of the Pik TV media box to a new Android operating system you may find that your app favourites have reset to the defaults. To customize your apps favourites to your top 8 apps:
- Press Apps button on your remote
- Select the app you want to add to your favourites
- Press OK
- Press the home button on your remote to see your favourites
To move your apps left or right or remove them from your favourites row, select the app and press and hold OK. You will see the option to “remove” or “move”. Follow the on screen prompts to customize your favourites.
If your apps disappear again after customizing, it may be due to the home screen page or Android TV Home requiring an update.
Try updating the Android TV Home app found on the Google Play Store:
- Press the apps button on your remote and select Get more apps
- Scroll up and left to My apps and scroll to Android TV Home in the On this device section.
- Select Android TV Home and select Update
If no update is available, simply re-add your favourite apps to the Google home screen
Slow loading of the guide
If you are experiencing slow loading when launching the Pik TV guide, these work arounds may speed up finding content while we work on improving this experience.
If you have an idea of the type of content you'd like to watch, you can:
- Select Live TV from the menu bar at the top of the screen
- Scroll down to find the row with the type of content you would like view (e.g. Sports)
- Scroll to the right to find a program you would like to watch
- Select this program by pressing OK on your remote
You can launch the Live Guide:
- While watching Live TV, press OK twice
- Scroll the Live Guide to see what’s on now or on next while still watching your program
Visit our Android Media Box page for information on improving the responsiveness of the Pik TV Media Box and the voice feature.