Change your Wi-Fi network’s name and password on My TELUS
Not your device?
This article explains how to change your Wi-Fi network name and password using yourprofile.
Don’t have My TELUS?.
Change your network name and password
- Once you have logged into My TELUS , under the Internet tab select Wi-Fi
- In the My TELUS Wi-Fi section, next to Wi-Fi settings select Edit and edit the fields you would like to customize, either your network name or password. If you have a dual-band network and Smart Wi-Fi off, you will see two frequencies listed that you must click to edit separately
- Enter your new network name and create a password, then select Save
- You may choose to change both your network name and password, or just your password
- If you choose to change your network name you must enter a password, though it can be the same password that you previously used
Note: Once your changes are saved, you will be disconnected from Wi-Fi and will need to reconnect on all of your devices with your new password. On some devices this may require you to forget your old wireless network. Check your manufacturer's instructions to learn how.
What to do if your password changes won’t save
It can take up to 48 hours for your changes to appear in My TELUS.
In the meantime, your changes have been saved to your modem and you should be able to log onto your Wi-Fi network with the new information that you entered in My TELUS.