Accessing The Weather Network App on Optik TV
First, navigate to The Weather Network live channel through the following ways on Optik TV:
- Tune into any of the channels listed below:
- English HD: 128
- English SD: 9128
- French SD: 2050
- Apps Launchpad
- Press the app button on your remote and find The Weather Network icon. Then press OK
- Home Screen
- Find the apps swimlane, select The Weather Network and press OK
- Learn more about Optik TV Home Screen
Press the left or right arrow on your remote to launch or dismiss the app’s menu.
What main features does The Weather Network app offer?
Access weather forecast information directly through the live TV channel. A banner with weather forecasts tailored to your location will appear at the bottom of the page.
View weather-related videos and photos submitted by users from around the world.
Check weather radar and traffic flow via Maps.
Detailed hourly, 36-hour, 14-day forecasts, weather alerts and seasonal forecast.
How to exit the Weather Network app
Exit The Weather Network app through any of the following methods:
- Select Exit on the left side menu
- Press the Back button twice on your remote
- Press and hold the Exit button on your remote
- Press Channel up or Channel down on your remote
How do I start interacting with the app’s features?
- When you launch the app through any of the access points mentioned in the “Accessing The Weather Network app on Optik” section, there will be a hint tab on the left hand side of your screen that flashes for a couple of seconds
- Press the left arrow on your remote to open up the app menu with full app features
Can I dismiss the banner at the bottom of the Live TV screen?
- Yes, you can press the down arrow on your remote.
How do I change the city that appears on the banner at the bottom of the Live TV screen?
- By default, the banner which appears at the bottom of the live channel shows your local city weather
- If you want to change this city, you can navigate to "Search" on the app menu and add a different city to your saved locations list. Once you add the right city, ensure you move that city so that it appears first in the list under saved locations
How do I search for new cities, add, reorder, change my default location or delete cities?
- Use the left arrow button on your remote to navigate to “Search”
- Start typing in at least 3 characters of the city you would like to add and once it appears, use the arrow keys to highlight the city and press OK to add it to your list of saved locations
- You can repeat this step to add up to 10 locations
- Once you add the cities you want, use your arrow keys to navigate to the bottom of the “Search” page where your city list appears and highlight the city you would like to view. Press OK to be taken to the weather page for that city
- If you would like to change your default city, ensure that the city is added to your list of saved locations. Once it is listed under saved locations, use your arrow keys to move the city to the first place in the list. The very first city in your saved locations list becomes your default location
- To delete any city, highlight the city under saved locations and press the up arrow on your remote. This should highlight the x in red. Press OK to delete
How do I send feedback to The Weather Network?
- Use the left arrow button on your remote to navigate to "Settings"
- Use the arrows on the remote to select About
- You will then see the various methods to send feedback to Pelmorex Corp. regarding the app