Optik TV self install
Information about your Optik self-install kit
What you need
For wireless digital box
In order to install your own wireless digital box with a self-install kit, you need to be an existing Optik TV customer with an available HDMI input on your TV.
You can have a maximum of 6 digital boxes in your home (including the PVR).
If you do not have an HDMI input on your TV you can use component audio and video cables instead (not included in the self-install kit). These can be purchased at electronic stores for approximately $15.
You should already have a TELUS Internet modem already installed in your home, which may be one of the following models (see the sticker on device):
- Actiontec V1000H
- Actiontec V2000H
- Actiontec T1200H
- Actiontec T2200H
- Actiontec T3200M
For 4K PVR digital box
In order to install your own 4K PVR digital box with a self-install kit, you need to be an existing Optik TV customer with an available HDMI input on your TV.
If you do not have an HDMI input on your TV you can use component audio and video cables which are included in the self-install kit.
You should already have an Actiontec T3200M modem installed in your home as well as an HD PVR. The HD PVR will be replaced by the new 4K PVR included in the self install kit.
To order more boxes, simplyand one of our representatives will be happy to assist you.
Your self-install kit should arrive in 3-5 business days. You can track your order through Canada Post with the tracking number included in the order confirmation email (Subject: Confirmation of changes to your TELUS account).
The installation process normally takes around 15 minutes but may take longer if updates are required. As a reminder, upgrading your PVR will result in the loss of recordings on your old PVR, so be sure to watch all of your old PVR recordings before you install your new PVR.
Download a PDF of the Self-Install Guide
If you would like another copy of the self-install guide, you can choose one of the four versions below based on the kit you received.
If you are receiving an error message or experiencing issues during set-up:
- Reboot your digital box by holding down the power button for 10 seconds, then try repeating the instructions
- When pairing a digital box with your wireless access point or T3200M modem, confirm that you have held the pairing button on the access point or modem for at least 10 seconds (then let go)
- Confirm that the digital box is connected to the back of your TV using the HDMI cable provided and that you have selected the corresponding HDMI input on your TV using your TV manufacturer’s remote. You should have at least 4 bars appearing in the green Wi-Fi indicator light on the front of the wireless digital box after set-up. If you do not have a sufficient connection, try moving the box closer to your TELUS Internet modem
- If you have a wireless access point either in your kit or at home, confirm it is connected to the TELUS Internet modem using an Ethernet cable. It should also be connected to power, and the switch on the back should be in the AP position
- If you are prompted to enter an activation code during set-up (not normally required), you can find this code at the top of your order confirmation email (subject line: Confirmation of changes to your TELUS account)
- If you would like to pair your Optik TV remote with your TV to control power and volume, please visit for instructions
For additional support including online chat, please visit.