New to TELUS mobility?
Everything you need to know about setting up your new device and service.
Transfer your phone number
To get started, please have your device with your old SIM card in hand and keep your old number active with your previous service provider. Once you receive your device, go to telus.com/MyAccount and follow these steps below to bring your number to TELUS:
- Do not discard your old SIM card. Have your old SIM card in a phone that is powered on nearby as it will be required to verify your transfer request from your previous service provider
- Log in to My TELUS or register at telus.com/MyTelus
- Go to Plans & Devices and select the number you want to change
- Select Manage your phone number
- Select Transfer your number
- Submit all required details, including the number you want to transfer
- You will receive a text message on the old SIM card from the previous service provider within a few minutes. You must respond to the text message to confirm the transfer within 90 minutes
Learn more about how to transfer your Canadian phone number to your new device.
Setting up your SIM card
- Turn off the device
- Locate the SIM card slot on your device (for assistance, visit device specific tutorials)
- Insert your new TELUS SIM
- Turn on your device and complete the automatic activation (if you don't have a data plan, you may need to connect to Wi-Fi to finish the activation)
- Restart your device once you are done
- Turn on your new device
- Connect to Wi-Fi, otherwise the eSIM download will fail
- Follow the on-screen instructions and select SIM-free setup
- Scan the QR code on the TELUS eSIM voucher with the phone’s camera
- Restart your device
- If you have any issues, or need additional help, you can visit the eSIM voucher support page
Your data and usage
Prorated services: The amount of data and minutes that you get from the time you activate or make a change on your account up until your bill cycle will be prorated. This means you won’t have access to your full amount of minutes or data until your next billing cycle. Learn more about data proration.
Confirm your new plan details: To check what your plan includes, log in to the My TELUS App and select Plans/Travel. You can also check your Service Agreement which is at the very bottom of the Billing tab.
Set up and manage your device
Set up email: Learn how to set up email on your mobile device.
Set up voicemail: Learn how to set up mobile voicemail.
Get to know your new phone
To learn more about your phone’s features check out the device-specific tutorials. Just choose the device type you have and what you would like to learn about.
Your first bill
Your first bill will be different from the future bills. Like all service providers, TELUS bills one month in advance. This means your first bill includes:
Regular monthly recurring charges for plans and add-ons for next full month. For example:
- Peace of Mind Connect Unlimited: $75
- Monthly TELUS Easy Payment: $33
Partial charges from activation date to end of bill cycle. Partial charges will only appear on your first bill, or if you change plans and add-ons. For example:
- Partial charge: $44.35
One time service fee. For example:
- Connection fee: $40
Bill credits for promotions may take up to 2 billing cycles to appear.
Watch this video or visit our Support page to learn more about your first bill and other types of charges.
When to expect your first bill
TELUS offers paperless billing. You will receive an email and/or SMS notification of your e.Bill 2-5 days after your billing date.
Manage your bill & payment online
- Download the My TELUS app and register
- Go to the Billing tab to view bill, Service Agreement, manage e.Bill notification and payment options
Manage your Mobility service online
With My TELUS, you can manage all of your TELUS mobility services online and in your app. Log in to view your bill, usage and exclusive offers or change your rate plan and features. Download the My TELUS app on your smartphone to chat with TELUS and access these features on the go.
Log in to the My TELUS app for any of the following activities:
- View your monthly bill and past bills, make online payments and set up payment arrangements or pre-authorized payments
- Monitor the monthly data and voice and text usage across all the devices on your account
- View your rate plan details. Change your plan if you need more monthly data
- Add/remove your monthly add-ons for services like international long distance calling and texting or purchase one-time data top-ups and Fast Passes if you need more data until the end of your billing cycle
- Travelling outside Canada? Confirm travel coverage for your devices and learn how to use your device while travelling
- Update your address, change your phone number, swap your SIM card and make other account changes
Learn more about using My TELUS in our support section.
Having trouble? First thing to try is turning your device off and then turning it back on again. This often helps. Here are some other options to explore if the problem still persists: