Manage Home phone voicemail settings
Adjust your voicemail settings
Adjust the number of times your Home phone rings before going to voicemail
Did you know you can easily change the number of times your Home phone rings before the call goes to voicemail? Follow the steps below.
- From your Home phone, wait for a dial tone, then dial *94. You should hear 2 quick beeps
- Enter the number of rings (from 2 to 9 rings) you want the caller to hear before the call is transferred to voicemail
- Hang up. Your number of rings will have been successfully adjusted
- These instruction are for Home phone only, not for Mobility services
- The above steps change your TELUS Home phone voicemail settings. If you also use an external answering machine, you may need to change its settings, too. Voicemail may go to either the TELUS voicemail or your external answering machine, whichever picks up the call first. For example, if your TELUS voicemail is set for 5 rings but your answering machine is set for 3 rings, your voice messages will go to your answering machine
How to speak to a caller when they're leaving a message
Using TELUS Home phone voicemail services allows you to speak to the caller when the caller is leaving you a voicemail. Follow the steps below.
- After the normal rings you will hear a short ring indicating the caller has been forwarded to your mailbox
- To listen to the caller, pick up the handset
- If you do not want to speak to the caller, simply hang up
- To speak to the caller, briefly hang up by pressing the receiver button or press the link or flash key. The message will stop recording
Voicemail user guide