Installing your Smart Light Bulb
Follow the instructions to install your Smart Light Bulb
Not your device?
Video on how to install your Smart Light Bulb
Installing your device using the mobile app
- Install the Smart Light Bulb into the desired light socket or lamp
- Log in to the TELUS SmartHome app on your mobile device. Don’t have the app or having trouble logging in? Click here to learn more
- Select Menu at the top left-hand corner
- Select + Add device
- Select Lighting and appliance control
- Select Jasco Enbrighten Smart LED Bulb
- If installing on a Control Panel, ensure your Control Panel is unlocked on the home screen before continuing
- Select Begin installation
- Please wait while the system is preparing for installation. Once your system is ready to add your device, it will show "Complete"
- Select Next. Your Control Panel or Automation Hub will now search for your device
- With the Smart Light Bulb inserted in a light socket or lamp, turn the light bulb power On
- The Smart Light Bulb should flash twice to indicate that it has been paired
- Your Control Panel will indicate that your device has been added to the network successfully. Your Automation Hub’s Z-Wave LED will flash quickly, then turn solid to indicate that the device has been added to the network successfully
- If the app does not recognize the light bulb in 30 seconds or the light bulb does not flash, repeat the steps above
- Enter a name for your device and select Next. Congratulations, you have successfully added your new device to your account
- Select Add more to install additional devices or select Done at the top right corner to complete the installation process
Important: The light socket or lamp must always be in the ‘On’ position and the brightness can be adjusted through your TELUS SmartHome app or Control Panel.
How to use your Smart Light Bulb
Once your Smart Light Bulb is installed with your desired light socket or lamp, the light bulb can be turned on/off and the brightness level can be adjusted remotely via your TELUS SmartHome app or via your Control Panel.
Want to create a rule or schedule with your smart lighting devices? Learn how to create rules for your automation devices.
Want to manage multiple smart lighting devices at the same time? Learn how to create a Light Group.
Frequently asked questions
My lightbulb switch won’t stay in the locked position. What should I do?
Use the switch blocker provided. The switch blocker can be used to lock your light switch in the on position. This will work for traditional style light switches and flat switches.