Checklist for activations and renewals
Everything you need to know about activating or renewing your mobility connection
Adding a line or getting a new phone
If you're thinking of adding a line or getting a new phone, here’s what you need to know -
- Valid photo ID: You'll need 1 valid government issued photo identification (eg. Driver’s License, Provincial ID card, passport).
Note: Stores are unable to accept health cards (excluding Quebec and British Columbia) or citizenship cards.
Customers also require 1 acceptable valid ID for credit check (eg. credit card or social insurance number either verbally, paper copy or card).
Note: To purchase a phone you have to be the account owner or an authorized user on the account.
- Phone back-up: Make sure to back up your phone before going to a store. This will ensure you don’t lose any data, such as contacts, photos, and videos
Note: Transferring data in store is an option but can lead to a long wait depending on how much data needs to be transferred.
- Passwords: Make sure you have all of your passwords (email, Apple ID)
- near you
- Pre-browse your options: Activate or upgrade a and find the best for yourself and your family
- Trade-in device (if applicable): Make sure you turn off the activation lock (e.g Find my iPhone) prior to coming to the store. You will not be able to trade-in your device if it is not turned off. View for more details
- Porting your number: Please have your account number and/or IMEI ready to initiate the transfer
- Ready to get started? with a certified rep at the nearest TELUS store
What you need to know to set up your new device
- Get to know your new phone: All you need to do to start is to
- Set up email: Learn how to
- Set up voicemail: Find instructions on how to
- Swap SIM: Find instructions on how to
- Set up My TELUS: to check your data usage, add top-ups and pay your bill on the go
- Having trouble? If your phone has no service, data or your messaging isn’t working, turn your phone off and on before calling us