VoLTE (Voice over LTE) is the next evolution in wireless calling. It allows customers with a compatible phone to place and receive calls over the TELUS LTE network instead of the HSPA network.
There are multiple benefits to this including:
- Increased availability of HD Voice
- Simultaneous use of voice and LTE data
- Faster call set-up
Previously, data was carried over LTE when you were not on a voice call. If you were on a voice call, then your data was transmitted using the slower 3G speeds. Now, with VoLTE, your data will be carried over LTE even when you’re on a voice call.
- VoLTE services are currently available in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Northern Canada. Stay tuned, we will be adding more locations in the future.
- Currently VoLTE is available on the following devices:
- Samsung Galaxy S6
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8+
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017
- Alcatel GoFlip
- LG G4
- LG G5
- LG G6
- LG X Power
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
Note: More devices will be added in the near future.
- VoLTE is only available, where enabled, within the TELUS LTE network. Your voice calls will still work over HSPA while you’re traveling.
- If you are not on the TELUS LTE network, or you move to an area not on the TELUS LTE network then your call will be seamlessly carried over the TELUS HSPA network.
- There are no additional fees for using the VoLTE service and does not use any of your allotted data.
- Currently VoLTE does not support video calling.
Note: VoLTE E911 service is available in Alberta, British Columbia and Manitoba (Winnipeg and Brandon). In territories where VoLTE E911 is not available, customers are still able to make standard 911 calls.