VoLTE (Voice over LTE) is the next evolution in wireless calling. It allows customers with a compatible phone to place and receive calls over the TELUS LTE network instead of the HSPA network.
There are multiple benefits to this including:
- Increased availability of HD Voice
- Simultaneous use of voice and LTE data
- Faster call set-up
Previously, data was carried over LTE when you were not on a voice call. If you were on a voice call, then your data was transmitted using the slower 3G speeds. Now, with VoLTE, your data will be carried over LTE even when you’re on a voice call.
- VoLTE services are currently available nationally except for the province of Saskatchewan and some parts of Manitoba.
Note: we will be adding these excluded locations in the future.
- Currently VoLTE is available on the following devices:
- Samsung Galaxy S6, GS7 and all newer models
- Samsung Note 8 and all newer models
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017
- Samsung Xcover 4 and all newer models
- Alcatel GoFlip
- LG G4 and all newer models
- LG X Power, X Power 2, LG Stylo 3, Q6, V30
- Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL and all newer models
- iPhone 6 and all newer models (including SE) with iOS 10 and above
Note: Most newer devices will be VoLTE enabled as they become available. Devices not purchased from TELUS will not be VoLTE enabled at this time.
- VoLTE is only available, where enabled, within the TELUS LTE network. Your voice calls will still work over HSPA while you’re traveling.
- If you are not on the TELUS LTE network, or you move to an area not on the TELUS LTE network then your call will be seamlessly carried over the TELUS HSPA network.
- There are no additional fees for using the VoLTE service and does not use any of your allotted data.
- Currently VoLTE does not support video calling.
Note: VoLTE E911 is available in all VoLTE enabled areas. In areas where VoLTE E911 is not available, customers are still able to make standard 911 calls.