Three steps to fix your picture & video message issues
Easy steps to fix most of your iOS or Android picture & video message issues
If you’re having issues sending or receiving message, check out these 3 easy steps.
Step 1: Restart your device
Most messaging issues can be fixed by simply restarting your phone. Similar to restarting a computer, a restart helps clear minor glitches often resolving various issues. So simply turning your phone off and on again may solve many issues. Also, if your device has a removable battery, remove the battery and put it back in before turning your phone on again.
Step 2: Make sure you have data service enabled and your device “data is turned ON”
- Ensure you have network coverage
- Ensure you have data services enabled, Picture & video messaging will not work over regular Wi-Fi
- Ensure your device data is turned ON. To turn on device data:
- Go to Settings
- Go to Cellular
- Turn on Cellular Data
- Go to Settings
- Go to Network & Internet
- Go to Mobile network
- Turn on Mobile data
Note: If text messages work, but picture and video messages are failing, verify that your data is working by opening a web page.
Step 3: Check your device settings
Picture & video messaging may not work if you bring your own Android device to the TELUS network. Check the below settings to make sure your device can send and receive picture & video messages.
Note: The location of these setting may vary depending on which version of Android you are using. Generally Access Point Names (APN) settings are under Settings > Connections (or Network & Internet) > Mobile Network > Advanced. After you go to “ Access Point Names ”, Press ADD to add new APN.
- Scroll to, and select, Name . Enter TELUS SP
- Scroll to, and select, APN. Enter sp.telus.com and press OK
- Leave Proxy Blank
- Leave Port Blank
- Leave Username Blank
- Leave Password Blank
- Leave Server Blank
- Scroll to, and select, MMSC. Enter http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mmsc and press OK
- Scroll to, and select, MMS Proxy. Enter mmscproxy.mobility.ca and press OK
- Scroll to, and select, MMS Port. Enter 8799 and press OK
- Scroll to, and select, MCC. Enter 302 and press OK (This value should be by default.)
- Scroll to, and select, MNC. Enter 220 and press OK (This value should be by default.)
- Scroll to, and select, Authentication type. Enter none
- Scroll to, and select, APN type. Enter default and press OK
- Leave other fields not changed
- Press More and select Save
- Select Access point TELUS SP
Note: Send keyword MMS to short code 8900, you will receive a text message with the key MMSC setting info. You can simply copy and paste the MMSC info following the above instructions.
Did this article solve your problem?
Still have questions? Ask the TELUS community
Connect with the TELUS community and get answers from other customers on our forum, the TELUS Neighbourhood.