We are still fully operational, providing installations and repairs across our products and services to ensure we keep our customers connected. However, we have adapted our processes by completing our installation and repair work outside of your home – with the exception of emergency services. We have developed new innovative delivery solutions that use the latest technology, like mobile apps, external wiring and remote technician-assisted support, to ensure that everything is working and that we can provide an exceptional installation customer experience.
Technician in-home support will only be provided for lifeline or emergency situations, but will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis to ensure the safety of all involved.
- We will call you prior to your appointment to provide information on what you can expect
- The technician will configure or repair any equipment or devices in advance
- The technician will leave the sanitized equipment or devices at your doorstep and return to their vehicle
- The technician will call you right away and verbally walk you through the installation process over the phone. This may involve the use of tools, such as video conferencing apps (e.g. WhatsApp), to provide visual cues on progress and answer your questions
- The technician, where necessary, will work directly with our dedicated support call centre teams if there is any additional assistance required with the installation
Installations will be completed as best-effort by our TELUS technicians. These will be co-operative installations, relying on you, as the customer, to help complete the inside work with the guidance of the technician. The following are some overall guidelines:
- Someone must be on the premises, who can be guided through the install
- Someone must be available to talk to the technician over the phone or video (e.g. facetime) for the duration of the visit
- Approximate timing is 1-2 hours per product installed that someone will need to be engaged with the technician
Technicians will make every effort to complete the request from outside the home. If services cannot be restored or installed, technicians will leave the customer with an alternative service where possible. Your technician will flag any products or services that could not be completed, and you will be contacted at a future date to set up a new appointment when TELUS resumes normal operations.