Ubik holds the limelight for being flexible and user-friendly
Managing your pharmacy’s operations has never been easier! Ubik’s simplicity makes it easy for you to master the solution, which is designed to operate in cloud mode or on a traditional local server. Cloud mode allows you to concentrate on patient care while TELUS Health handles your servers, licenses, updates and backups.
Manage prescriptions efficiently. Easily locate your patient’s file with the smart search feature, and quickly enter the information using advanced functions. Recent prescribers and those on file are automatically displayed to accelerate selection.
Benefit from a tool that adapts to the ever-evolving role of pharmacists with access to clinical patient information documentation. Clinical notes are also included, which are authenticated and dated, enabling you to comply with the new practice standards.
Make multitasking easier with Ubik. Pharmacists can review operations at a glance, thanks to the full traceability of actions and quick transitions between users. Laboratory team members can move from one workstation to another and resume a session.
Every user is assigned a username and access code. Strict access and permission management makes it possible to control, restrict, add and withdraw user access rights based on a person’s role.
Traceability and verification
With Ubik, there are several ways to track activity:
- Traceability of input data. This includes tracking information entered in the clinical fields of the patient file, clinical notes, and the different steps in the pharmacy’s prescription management process.
- History of activity. All Ubik users can access their history from the patient file and for every prescription or service.
- Comprehensive audit. This is available via a module that records all actions, including access to data in read-only mode. This module complies with the industry standards in effect and can be accessed as required by one of our TELUS Health experts.
Patient file management
Create a unique patient file specifically comprising:
- The patient’s name, different addresses and telephone numbers, and photo.
- The patient’s drug insurance coverage, service preferences and the names of the members of his or her care team.
- The patient’s health condition, allergies, intolerances and lifestyle habits, whether or not the information is available in the system.
- The patient’s written and verbal consent for exchanges with third parties.
Comprehensive prescription management
- Enter and manage prescribed and over-the-counter medications used by the patient, including renewals, claims, and the electronic management of “must-haves.”
- Locate products via the automatic display of priority generic drug manufacturers and the most popular formats in the pharmacy.
- Select favourite products and enter medications by scanning their barcodes.
- Easily correct data entry errors using the tab system that is prioritized according to prescription type.
- Match multiple dosages with a single product.
Management of clinical services and follow-up
- Electronically manage “must-haves” and reduce the use of paper and baskets for managing quantities dispensed to patients.
- Access the RxVigilance treatment analysis engine, which generates configurable alerts to block the workflow for validation by the pharmacist, and benefit from the included documentation (product monographs, patient fact sheets, comparative tables, and much more).
- Record laboratory results in a patient’s file (e.g. International Normalized Ratio (INR), blood sugar levels).
- Produce documentation to support the clinical services.
- Scan documents to enclose in the patient file.
- Send and receive fax transmissions directly via the pharmacy management software and match these with patient accounts. Note: this feature requires a subscription to the IP fax service (additional fees apply).
- Manage more than thirty administrative reports including patient lists, prescription reports and more.
- Log incidents occurring at the pharmacy in the patient’s file.
Management of magistral preparations
Ubik allows for the management of magistral formulations (pharmacy compounds) according to the standards established by the Ordre des pharmaciens du Québec. More specifically, pharmacists can:
- Create and maintain their master recipes for magistral formulations.
- Import the recipe, preparation instructions and stability criteria for a single patient with just one click.
- Print a fact sheet for the magistral formulation to enclose with the prescription.
Management of batch operations for patient groups
Streamline your batch prescription management operations (renewals and printouts) for patient groups. Responses to queries and notifications during treatment can grouped together when processing prescriptions for a given patient group.
Medication administration record and pill dispenser sheet editor
Create your own templates for medication administration records (MAR) and pill dispenser sheet to better respond to the different requests from the residential facilities you serve and their patients. DISPILL®, Distrimedic®, ECO-PILL™, Jones™, FlexRx™ and Dosette pill dispensors are compatible with Ubik.
Create a pet file and match it to its owner. Prescriptions entered under a pet file are automatically taxed.
Quebec health record connectivity and interface certified by the Ministry of Health and Social Services (MSSS)
Avoid user workflow interruptions thanks to the automatic and transparent integration of the Dossier Santé Québec (DSQ). No additional actions are required to consult the contents of the DSQ, excluding exception management.
- Consult the prescription summary to automatically receive electronic prescriptions.
- Automatically upload prescription services to the DSQ.
- View the DSQ summary combining locally filled prescriptions and services, and those transferred to the DSQ or otherwise.
- As needed, create a patient file directly from the data available in the DSQ to accelerate the input of identification data.
- Automatically synchronize patients’ first and last names and addresses with DSQ data.
Ubik also supports the use of a USB hub device to ensure the effective management of multiple DSQ keys at the laboratory. This avoids users having to reconnect their DSQ key between workstations.
Connectivity and interface certified by the RAMQ for claims billing
Ubik is compatible with and certified for Régie d’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ) claims (according to the MCIP protocol) for clinical services and all drug prescriptions.
Connectivity and interface for claims to private third-party payers
Ubik allows claims to be filed with all private third-party payers (according to the CPhA standard for requests for reimbursement of pharmaceutical products) and TELUS Health ensures that these interfaces are continuously updated.
"We're fortunate that our simulation labs are equipped with a software application provided by TELUS Health, which helps us learn how to be better pharmacists."
Simon Landry Bélanger, doctoral student, pharmacy program - Université Laval
“The clinical side of Ubik is highly evolved. It’s quick and easy for opinions and notes.”
Martin Beaucage, Pharmacist-owner - Uniprix Gatineau
“Ubik lets us save time, which means we can spend more time with our patients!”
Danh Pham, Pharmacist-owner – Proxim Montréal
“I would never use any other software. Ubik is complete.”
Mélissa Loisel, Pharmacist – Uniprix Bonaventure
Videos presented on this page are available in French only.
Ubik streamlines the management of your pharmacy operations
Choose a next-generation system
Rely on a solution that keeps up with the latest trends in software development from both a visual and a cloud technology perspective. Ubik complies with the pharmaceutic practice standards in effect. Get a better overview of files, facilitate collaboration and optimize your processes while reducing paper consumption.
Learn quickly and effectively
Thanks to the Ubik’s user-friendly icons and interface, you will benefit from an enhanced user experience. The mouse, keyboard quick keys, and touch screen give you several work options.
Keep abreast of changes made to files
The traceability of the data entered in Ubik allows you to follow up on actions including the date, time and the name of the person in charge. Whether it’s for a change in insurance, a renewal, a change to a generic drug, everything is recorded. Activity history is easily accessible.
With its intuitive interface, user-friendly platform, and seamless integration into the DSQ, Ubik is tailored for you.
Add complementary tools to Ubik
Synchronize prescription renewal
Prescription renewal manager allows you to synchronize patient prescriptions renewals on a given date.
Send your renewal requests
This service allows you to send requests using your pharmacy management solution. The attending physician will receive it in his or her electronic medical record (EMR) and will reply electronically.
Watch the “Ubik guided tour” webinar recording
This webinar presents an overview of Ubik and its most commonly used features (available in French only).Watch the webinar
Ready to discover Ubik?
Find out how to start your transition to a new pharmacy management solution.Get started
Would you like to learn more?
Learn more about our products and rates.
Talk to your representative or contact Sales Support.
1 800 363-9398
Monday to Friday, 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM (EST)
Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM (EST)