Senior Business Analyst
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
We’re looking for a Business Analyst, familiar with working in an Agile/Lean environment to help deliver digital experiences for TELUS Home Solutions products and services launches, and mass advertising campaigns to customers. You will be responsible for detailing and maintaining requirements received from product owners, the development team and wider business stakeholders. You will evaluate information captured from various sources, reconcile conflicts of information, break down high-level information into details, and clarify details for the team to understand how to define an efficient solution for TELUS customers. In addition, you will support the delivery team by facilitating the team’s delivery process, helping to balance work in progress limits and deliver improvements for efficiency.
You’ll help champion and build positive relationships with collaborators to effectively prioritize and execute business initiatives for Telus.com. You will work with stakeholders to define opportunities to optimise conversion and deliver experiences that balance both customer and business needs. Balance and prioritize a backlog of user driven stories - reflecting both customer value and effort to deliver. Adjust backlogs to reflect accurate scope, effort and priority information as it becomes available from business partners.
- Tirelessly seek opportunities for improvement in our digital journeys and in ways to meet our customers’ changing needs and habits, and investigate possible solutions
- Work alongside Product Owners to identify KPIs and the measurement strategy for the team and then collaborate with analytics to ensure its timely delivery
- Deep-dive VOC/chat verbatim, Adobe Analytics, Decibel and other sources to produce analysis and insights that help us learn more about our customers and produce ecommerce experiences that help us meet our strategic goals
- Support delivery of initiatives and the intended business benefits with structured problem-solving, gap and cost-benefit analysis. Help POs with story mapping and investigation of all business requirements
- Participate in steering business strategy, cross-functional user story-mapping and documenting business requirements. Assist with creating/updating user stories
- Work cross-functionally to create flow diagrams for user flows, system flows and processes to help us identify risks, dependencies and additional requirements
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Ability to work closely with stakeholders and TELUS Digital team members to assist in identifying opportunities for UX improvement and clarifying business practices
- Ability to recognize and raise process and systems issues that prevent delivery of value to our customers and scalability of our work
- Help the product owner determine the impact of changes to supporting systems and across teams to deliver on go-to-market activities
- Expert in CRO, proficient with Adobe suite tools (Analytics, Experience League, Target), multi-variant testing, audience segmentation and personalisation
- Collaborate closely with team members in an agile and lean start-up environment
- Strong communication skills. Able to communicate requirements and business processes to be easily maintained and understood by different domain experts
- Ability to detail business flows and processes using flowcharting tools in a way that is easily understood by different domain authorities
- Use SWOT, descriptive and diagnostic analysis to drive profitable business decisions
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible mobile working, with a central downtown office location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code - when it reopens
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
TELUS is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.
Check out http://telus.com/digital/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?