Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time, renewable 1-year contract position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Data Engineer with TELUS Digital, you will be responsible for designing, building and running the data driven applications which enable innovative, customer centric digital experiences for TELUS customers.
You will be working as part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
Our development team uses a range of technologies to get the job done: Spark, Sqoop and coupled with Oozie, shell scripting, Control-M to provide a modern, easy to use data pipeline.
You will be part of the team building a data pipeline to transfer the data from our enterprise data lake for enabling our AI use cases.
You are a fast learner, highly technical, passionate data engineer looking to work within a team of multidisciplinary experts to improve your craft and contribute to the data development practice at TELUS Digital.
- Learn new skills & advance your data development practice
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the analytics pipeline
- Assist in evaluating technology choices and rapidly test solutions
- Assist the outcome teams in understanding how to best measure their web properties
- Collaborate closely with multiple team in an agile environment
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- A passion for data
- Interest and ability to learn new languages & technologies as needed
- Familiar with the execution sequence of ETL Flows
- Experience with Spark, Sqoop, Oozie, Control-M
- Basic understanding of data warehouse, data lake, OLAP and OLTP applications
- Experience with Big data related tools and technologies
- Experience with SQL, Unix, Shell scripting
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Domo
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
TELUS is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.
Check out labs.telus.com/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.