Intermediate API Developer
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time, renewable 1-year contract position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You’re an experienced developer who is passionate about creating meaningful experiences through well-engineered products. You are looking to upgrade your development skills while working on distributed services.
As a developer within TELUS Digital, you will be working on leading edge microservice APIs, supporting TELUS employees and growing our digital footprint - what you help build will be the underlying systems that help our team achieve better customer experiences. The services you will build will need to be both performant and resilient.
You will be working as part of a friendly, agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As a coal-shoveler in the engine room, you will employ best practices in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers. You’re also interested in constantly learning and growing - both building your own skill set and helping develop the people around you.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- A passion for emerging technologies, you’ve kept up to date on top trends and love to bring new ideas to your team
- Experience in architecture of microservices
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience using Nodejs
- Familiarity with creating and implementing unit and integration tests
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment
About TELUS Digital
We’re looking for team members who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Check out labs.telus.com/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.