Senior Visual Designer - Design Systems
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for TELUS.com, TELUS.com/Business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full-stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
TELUS Digital is seeking a Senior Visual Designer with a skill focused on illustration and icon design to add to our design system, Allium. This role requires someone who is a self-starter, highly organized and is a strong communicator.
This is a one-year contract position.
Create world-class digital experiences by:
- Defining and standardizing reusable illustrations, icons, patterns and components
- Evangelizing processes that promote collaboration, feedback, and training
- Advocating for accessibility standards and inclusive design principles
- Creating clean, consistent, and beautiful illustrations/graphics that reflect TELUS’ brand
- Ability to work with multiple styles of illustrations
Actively solve problems by:
- Breaking design challenges down into viable actionable chunks and solving them with clarity and precision
- Engaging in the lean development life-cycle from discovery to testing, release and maintenance
Working cross-functionally across teams to:
- Establish, build, and maintain a comprehensive library of shared components
- Craft and maintain documentation and guidance on how and why components, styles, and patterns are applied in code and design.
- Expertly present recommendations to team members on functionality, content, and navigation that are considerate of the iterative process.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle:
- Mastery and passion for design
- You have experience with infographics, editorial illustrations, icons, app icons, spot illustrations, and data visualizations
- You have a strong portfolio demonstrating the ability to interpret and apply digital and visual design principles
- You have excellent interaction and visual design skills, with an eye for detail around typography, visual hierarchy, layout, and brand systems
- You’re able to recognize, predict and incorporate a range of use-cases from the happy path to edge cases in your designs
- You’re passionate about modern design practices and methodologies, but flexible enough to think outside the box when required
Expert knowledge of industry best practices and use of tools
- You’re comfortable using Adobe Illustrator and Creative Suite, Figma, Google Suite, Miro or any other whiteboarding tools
- You’re well-versed in lean digital product development lifecycles in a highly-collaborative, agile environment
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- You’re able to communicate design rationale and build consensus
- You’re a self-motivated team player who thrives on collaborating with cross-functional teams
- You’re an expert with time management and organizational skills and have the flexibility to handle a rapidly changing environment while delivering high-quality results
- Identifying key findings and new insights into issues and examining issues from different angles
- Ability to use multiple sources of information to identify if a problem is a design problem or related to larger enterprise/business issues