Senior Information Architect
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most. TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Senior Information Architect at TELUS, you’ll make digital information environments clear and easy to use by designing navigation, way-finding, search, and content systems on TELUS Brand Resource Centre (BRC). The ideal candidate will demonstrate analytical thinking and creativity to develop, communicate and implement content architecture for organizations. This role will work closely with the technology lead to bring authenticated and non authenticated content architecture to life.
You’ll feel comfortable crossing silos and bringing together different parts of the organization–digital, product, marketing, and brand–to understand business and content requirements. You’ll also plan and facilitate user research to inform the design of content architectures.
You’ll support the implementation of information architecture by working with a team of researchers, designers, content practitioners, and developers, translating IA deliverables into a CMS experience that’s intuitive for content editors and a customer-facing experience that’s useful, usable, and intuitive. You’ll identify key performance metrics to measure the success of designs and make refinements as needed.
- Assess existing sites to evaluate whether content is easy to find, navigate, search, understand, and use; identify where the user experience of content systems can be improved and design appropriate solutions
- Collect business requirements and user needs to inform the design of navigation, content models, and search systems
- This may include conducting interviews and requirements-gathering workshops with digital, marketing, and business stakeholders, and working in collaboration with UX researchers to conduct qualitative and quantitative research on user needs and behaviours
- Conceptualize and define how users will find information in the BRC, by defining systemic frameworks for how a site’s content is navigated, organized, and related
- Develop IA strategies and documentation, including user flows, scenarios, domain models, content structures, sitemaps, controlled vocabularies, and metadata to communicate structured design and content recommendations to teams and stakeholders for the BRC and the digital asset management system
- Map out how the structure of any information domain or website will accommodate change and growth over time
- Map workflow and governance processes to maintain an IA system
- Communicate structured content and design recommendations to teams and stakeholders by leveraging design tools such as wireframes, user flows, scenarios, site maps or prototypes
- Develop documentation, decision-making and governance processes to plan for the change and growth of the information architecture over time
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Facilitating collaboration with multiple stakeholder groups
- Planning and conducting content inventories and content audits to ensure the right content is part of the user experience
- Validating IA concepts through methods like card sorting and tree testing
- Developing complex IA documentation, including domain and content models, sitemaps, and taxonomies
- Expert knowledge of CMS platforms and structured content
- Working closely with developers to implement structured content models in CMS platforms and create a user-friendly content editor experience
- Collaborating with designers, content practitioners and developers to translate structured content into customer-facing responsive web and application interfaces
- Experience developing or working with architectural concepts, strategies, roadmaps, reference architectures, architectural patterns, frameworks and principles
- Understanding of user experience, web design and development processes, methods and principles
- Awareness of current trends and new technologies in information architecture, design, and content
- Understanding of object-oriented UX
- Understanding of web accessibility best practices
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience with team leadership
- Experience interacting with business and technology stakeholders
- Experience in data modeling
- Ability to deliver information architecture training for various product development teams
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?