Intermediate Visual Designer
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You will be an advocate for customer-centric design, our digital standards and guidelines, and will be a champion for visual design quality across initiatives, small and large. You will be responsible for creating visual concepts in response to our brand story and supporting brand campaigns.
Being an advocate, you will also act as a key member of our enterprise-wide digital project governance program. You will champion our digital standards and guidelines by building relationships with various internal stakeholders, digital agencies, and vendors to guide consistent digital experiences.
- Develop and refine the visual design of user interfaces, site layouts and production templates, ensuring that business, brand, and user goals are met
- Working with a UX designer, you will evolve concept sketches, wireframes and prototypes into visually appealing digital experiences for the web
- Apply user-centered design processes and industry best practices to design for all screen sizes that holistically solve customer and business challenges
- Communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Drive the design of e-commerce with team members and stakeholders
- Contribute to evolving the Telus Design system with components that can be leveraged by all TELUS teams
- Foster and build strong relationships with stakeholders to effectively prioritize initiatives and drive digital adoption
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Able to communicate design rationale and build consensus, gracefully giving and receiving feedback
- You have the right finesse and diplomacy to challenge the status quo to ensure we do what’s right by our customer
- Comfortable with industry standard design tool-sets including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Google Suite, plus whiteboard, pen, paper and stickies
- Keep up to date with the newest standards and trends, and learning how to incorporate them into their your work
- Solid understanding of Web accessibility best practices
- Experience in design thinking, interaction trends, aesthetics, and digital design best practices
- You are thorough and detail-oriented, ensuring that every piece of work produced is pixel perfect and of the highest quality
- Agency experience
- Design system experience
- Enjoy a good laugh
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?